Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Delete a Phone - CUCM 11.5

Bill
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot delete a phone in CUCM.

I get the message:  "Error occurred. One or more record did not get deleted. This CTI Route Point is being used in the Self Provisioing Configuration hence cannot be deleted. "

It is CUCM version: 11.5.1.12900-21

There are no dependencies on the phone.

I am not using Self Provisioning, The service is turned off.

Rebooted the cluster.

Database replication is Good.

4 Replies 4

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Bill,

Could you check in route plan report whether any CTI Route Point is configured for the extension of that phone ?

HTH
Rajan

Hi Rajan

The phone does not have an extension assigned.

I was able to delete the DN from the phone.

I was thinking there was a conflict somewhere, so I removed the DN.

So right now the phone has no DNs assigned, and I still get that error message when trying to delete.

Thanks

Bill,

Ever get anywhere with this? I'm having the same problem...

Yes, it got resolved. I should have updated the notes.

I ended up opening a TAC case.

The issue is related to the self provisioning service, even though I was not using it.

Here are the notes from the TAC case.

Resolution summary:

In a normal scenario: When configuring Self provision on CUCM, we first configure a CTI route point and assign it a directory number.We then add this CTI route point to an application user under controlled devices and add necessary roles to this user.We then specify this application user and CTI route point under IVR settings on self-provisioning configuration.Once configuration is saved, the CTI route point registers to CUCM.Now if we try to delete the CTI route point, we get the error:This CTI Route Point is being used in the Self Provisioing Configuration hence cannot be deleted. However, in our case we were getting this error on a Phone that we were trying to delete:

Workaround applied:We configured self-provisioning on CUCM using an actual CTI route point and an application user; this CTI route point registered to CUCM.Now we were able to delete the phone that was giving this error when trying to delete it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: