cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Log In to Cisco Unity Operating System Administration

shawn.lewis
Level 1
Level 1

I need some assistance with the following issue I have. When the Cisco Unity Connection version 2.0.1 was installed the technician changed the login details for the OS Administration.

He did not make a note of what it was set to and now we are struggling to connect to the OS as we have to change the IP address of the server.

I can logon to the Cisco Unity Connection Administration to add and delete users.

The technician is unable to recall what he changed it to and we are struggling without this information.

Is there any documentation on this issue that we can reference? We have to physically do a hard reset of the server and hope and pray that everything will be fine once it comes back up.

7 Replies 7

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check out the recovery procedure documented here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/os_administration/guide/2xcucosag020.html#wp1040303

Please rate the post if it helps.

GP.

Much appreciated. Will try it will advice accordingly.

Sure, I'll be waiting to hear from you. Btw, are you still on CUC 2.x ?

CUC 8.6 had been out for quite a long, time to upgrade perhaps ? CUC 9 will be also out shortly.

GP.

Hi GP

Yes, still on the older version. Busy sorting out the upgrade from my side.

SL

I tried the procedure via SSH and I am getting a access denied. Will ask the technician on site to try the process.

it needs to be done from server console, you will also need to CUC media to be inserted & removed from the server CD/DVD drive as part of recovery steps. You need OS admin credentials to do SSH, which at the moment your technician forgot

GP

Much appreciated. I will have to do it when I arrive at the site.

SL