cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot make outside call (H.323 gateway and CUCM 6)

9tysixuae
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot make outside calls. I am using H.323 gateway configuration and CUCM 6. I have attached configuration file and debug file. I configured H323 gateway and route pattern in CUCM. Please let me know if this is a configuration issue or telecom issue.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi 9tysixuae,

I can see that call is hitting the analog ports but from there on it generates error 34 which means circuit not available. You can try the following :

1. Plug Analog phone and verify if the circuit is fine ?

2. Try putting signal ground start on the voice port and see if that makes any difference.

Regards

Aditya Gupta

View solution in original post

Hi,

Try to check whether router can even off-hook the analog port or not to outdial the number. 

To verify this, change the 'destination-pattern 9T' to 'destination-pattern 9'. This should off-hook the port and due to PoTS dial-peer nature, it will strip 9 and caller should get network dial tone. 

Also change the router pattern in call manager to 9.

Thanks

Vivek

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Hi 9tysixuae,

your  dial-peer 100 is using G.711, check the codec that CUCM uses to this type of call.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. I checked in CUCM gateway configuration and outside call route pattern configuration, I didn't saw any codec options. Can you please explain little more. Correct me if I'm wrong, to my knowledge that diap-peer is for calls going to CUCM, but here I am talking about calling outside number. We just need outside calls only.

Hi 9tysixuae,

check in CUCM Administration > System > Region for the codec. Every Device Pool has a Region that defines the codec.

Regards.

Thank You. Yes the codec is G711. So I think its not related to codec, can you please tell me why the calls are dropping after it reached gateway. I am confused at that part. 

Hello If you have dsp resources,try to configure a trancoder and assign to MRG, then MRGL and phones device pool.

In the debug saying SPI set up is success ,after that observing 34.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11205911/fxo-troubleshooting-mgcp

AAG

Thank You. I created a media resource group and list  added it into the device pool from the DSP available on gateway router. But not luck :-( 

If you don't mind can you tell me the impact of this for the out going calls. Hoping to keep the conversation going. Again thank you for your effort.

Hi 9tysixuae,

sorry, I was out ... any luck?

Regards.

No Sir, no luck so far.

Hi,

Try to check whether router can even off-hook the analog port or not to outdial the number. 

To verify this, change the 'destination-pattern 9T' to 'destination-pattern 9'. This should off-hook the port and due to PoTS dial-peer nature, it will strip 9 and caller should get network dial tone. 

Also change the router pattern in call manager to 9.

Thanks

Vivek

Thank You all, for your kind support. When I configured 9 to get outside dial tone, I am not getting a continuous tone. So I called teleco and they redone the cabling and everything fine now :-). But earlier when checked with an analog phone its working fine that's why I am not able find this cable problem before.  

Glad to see the issue is resolved now.

Thanks

Vivek

Ok 9tysixuae,

try this:

dial-peer voice 100 voip
 destination-pattern 1..

dial-peer voice 10 pots
 preference 1

dial-peer voice 11 pots
 preference 2

dial-peer voice 20 pots
 destination-pattern 90562404721
 forward-digits 10
 port 0/0/0

I checked that you dial from DN 112 to 90562404721 ... the number that will leave from port 0/0/0 will be 0562404721, the leading 0 is correct or should be 562404721?

And use the following:

show voice port 0/0/0
show voice port 0/0/1
debug voice ccapi inout

Regards.

Hi 9tysixuae,

I can see that call is hitting the analog ports but from there on it generates error 34 which means circuit not available. You can try the following :

1. Plug Analog phone and verify if the circuit is fine ?

2. Try putting signal ground start on the voice port and see if that makes any difference.

Regards

Aditya Gupta

Thank You. I came to same conclusion, when I go through debug, but I cannot understand why the calls are dropped at that level. And yes I connected a analog phone to lines and checked, they working fine. Also tried by changing the signalling to ground start at voice-port, but no success.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, it will be a great help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: