cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot Play message to calling party and but can transfer to called number ; hunt pilot method used.

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

i have a requirement to play voice message to calling party and then transfer to called number . This should happen for both internal and external incoming calls.

I came to know this can be achieved in two ways:

1. Hunt Pilot

2. CUC

I followed hunt pilot method following the below link from forum

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/how-to-play-an-message-before-calls-to-cisco-ip-phone-with-cucm8/td-p/2836948

every thing was ok except it didnt play the voice message which is the primary requirement.

1020 is calling 1088

created two 1088 directory number with partition huntpilot-PT and extention-PT. created the huntpilot-PT in internal-CSS where it has huntpilot-Pt on top and extention-pt just below huntpilot so when ever people call 1088 it will first check huntpilot. enabled queue in huntpilot and then selected default MOH (sampleaudio) for test purpose.

Actually i need to play message as "This call will be recorded "

for the above mentioned huntpilot created and hunt list and assinged a line group. the line group contains no members.

When no hunt group members logged in selected in queue and selected CSS for real handset ie extension-CSS. extension-CSS has only extension-PT.

when i tried to call internally it never played MOH audio file before transfering to hunt pilot. what is the reason. it hit hunt pilot and transfer as required. but no audio file played.

In MOH audio, under the section  "announcement setting for held and hunt pilot calls" i selected for "initial anouncement for queuing-enabled Hunt Pilot calls"  as below:

"Play announcement before routing to Hunt Master"

but audio is not playing as expected. instead it transfer to handset immediately without audio playing first.

CUCM version is 11.0

3 Replies 3

PTS
Spotlight
Spotlight

Please checkout the solution MARS Agent Greeting application for Cisco CUCM / UCCX / UCCE / PCCE .
Supports Cisco Desk Phones
Supports Cisco JABBER Client
Plays out greeting messages for Inbound Calls
Plays out greeting messages for Outbound Calls
Application can welcome the caller, identify the agent, and include other useful contextual information.
With MARS Agent Greeting, each caller can receive a clear, well-paced introduction.
The application saves the agent, from having to repeat the same introductory phrase for each call.
It also gives the agent time to review desktop software screen pop while the greeting plays.

The application integrates with Cisco CUCM.
The application plays out a prerecorded greeting audio file to incoming calls landing on Cisco phone DN configured in the application.
The greeting file is played out to both the caller & agent on call connect ( i.e. when user/agent answers the incoming call on Cisco phone)
Application can be configured to play the greeting message for both inbound and outbound calls.

MARS Agent Greetings video : https://lnkd.in/fV8VA8W

For further details please write to info@parsec-tech.com

b.winter
VIP
VIP

I would say, this works as designed.

Check out the following rules regarding queueing:

When a call comes in and reaches the hunt pilot, these functions are provided:

• A caller can be connected to an initial customizable greeting announcement before proceed.
  • If one or more line members are logged in to the hunt pilot and are in an idle state, and if no calls are
    queued, the call is extended to the line member that has been idle for the longest period of time.
  • If no line members answer a call, that caller is not placed in queue. The call is routed to a new destination
    or disconnected, based on the setup When no hunt members answer, are logged in, or registered.
  • If a line member does not answer a queue-enabled call, that line member is logged off the hunt group
    only if the option Automatically Logout Hunt Member on No Answer is selected in the Line Group
    setup window.
  • Calls are placed in queue only if all members are busy.
  • A caller who is connected in queue can hear Music On Hold and a repeating (customizable) periodic
    announcement.
  • After a line member becomes idle, the caller with the longest wait time across multiple hunt groups is
    extended to the idle line member. If the idle line member does not answer the call, the caller is returned
    to the previous position in the queue.
  • If a queued call exceeds its maximum wait time or the maximum number of callers allowed in queue is
    exceeded, the call can be routed to an alternate number or it can be disconnected, depending on how the
    hunt pilot is configured. The alternate number can be one of the following:
    • A hunt pilot DN with queuing either enabled or disabled
    • A voicemail DN
    • A line DN
    • A shared DN
  • Line members can display the queue status of their queue-enabled hunt pilots. The queue status display
    provides the following types of information:
    • Hunt pilot pattern
    • Number of queued callers on each hunt pilot
    • Longest waiting time

But even so, I would recommend doing it with Unity.

You only need a system call handler, that plays the message and then transfers the call back to CUCM.

--- Please rate this post as "Helpful" or accept as a solution, if your question has been answered ---

Rather than having no line group, add the target DN to a line group with a long Ring No Answer setting.

If they don't answer, it will go to the "If no members answer, are signed in...." setting, and have the pilot roll to voicemail there. Since the HP number and the DN number are the same, CUC should see the correct extension to send to that user's voicemail.

Maren