Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Receive a Call

cigalahgroup
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a very weird problem I am not able to receive calls from local exptensions but I am able to receive calls from external numbers. My phone is 7911. I trid to delete and recreate the phone again but still it the same issue. I have 400 phones on my network and its the only phone which is giving me issue. When I install the ip communicator on the computer it works good.

18 Replies 18

Please crosscheck the Partition assigned to the phone number.

if you assign the same number with same partition to some other phone, would that work?

try setting the call forward all from that phone and make a internal call again and check if it works.

if it is cucm, search that number in route plan report for any unassigned extension. we may need to collect the traces for a nonworking call.

//Suresh

Please rate all the useful posts.

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

I searched all the devices with the directory number but cannot really find it . I also searched it in the Route pLan report.

To make it sure i deleted the phone and re searched in the route plan but did not found any thing 

Please collect the ccm traces for a test call and provide the calling/called numbers.

did you try the call forward all from that particular phone?

//Suresh

Please rate all the useful posts.

tried call forward doesnt works  either. I dont know how to get the call traces . Your help will be appreciated..

you will find help on this link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/31766/scheduled-trace-collection-rtmt-cucm-appliance-model

but remove the schedule part :)

Please follow this link to collect the CUCM traces.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/126666/collecting-cucm-traces-cucm-862-tac-sr

what happens if you assign that particular number to some other phone?

//Suresh

Please rate all the helpful posts

it assigns with out any issue but still doesnt works. 

How ever i just came to know that the problem started when the user was previoulsly using the CIPC soft phone with shared line on 7911. 

After removing the soft phone from the cucm the problem started.

OK, good to know issue fixed. but didn't you get the 2 instances one for 7911 phone and another one for CIPC when you search that number under route plan report?

//Suresh

Please rate all the helpful posts.

No issue has not been fixed. I just explained how problem was started. 

How ever I have enabled the trace by following this link since i have call maanger 4.1 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/10124-cm-trace.html

What shall i do know 

I went into the trace folder and there are log of .txt files there ? 

sorry, misread it. but I guess the extension number still exists unassigned to any device in the database.

Yes, The traces are stored in the location specified in the CallManager Trace Location folder.

please make a test call and provide the latest logs. please ensure the call is captured in the log file before posting it here and let us know the calling/called numbers and time of call.

//Suresh

Please rate all the helpful posts.

I have 2 servers 

Publisher and Subscriber 

192.168.0.1     192.168.0.2

Which one should I choose to get the traces ?

It is mainly from the node the phone registered to, but good to collect from both the nodes.

My phone shows that 

Active 192.168.0.2

standby 192.168.0.1

How ever I will collect from both the nodes and send it to you. I have an option to select single phone as well shall i do for single phoes or all ? 

Please collect for all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: