cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cant call pstn "call cant be completed as dialed."

jerry.mcrae
Level 1
Level 1

i have a (test branch) 7204 connected to another 7204 (central site) via a t-1. the test branch 7204 cant run mgcp and it doesnt have a pri or any phone line connected to it directly to provide a path to the pstn. the central site location has 2 pri's connected directly to it. i can make on net calls from the test branch. however i cant make pstn calls from the test branch to the central site and out the pstn. as soon as i dial a "9" i get "call cant be completed as dialed." i need to send pstn calls over the t-1 to the central site and out the pstn.

i am running ccm 4.1.3.

any ideas would be great.

thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jerry,

Okay, so there is a single cluster that all phones connect to, phones in the central site are able to hit the PRI cicruits, the remote phones can dial the internal extensions at there own site and central site but can't dial out of the central site's PRI. The phones at the remote site should be able to be configured exactly the same way as a phone at the central site is configured, the only difference being that it's separated via T1 WAN circuit. If your remote site doesn't have its own PRI there is no reason for the phones to have anything to do with the local router (which, according to the original post, can't be configured for MGCP.) Just tell with phones at the remote site to refer to the central site's gateway via route list. Let me know if you need me to elaborate more of if there's anything I missed.

-Shikamaru

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

mmorris11
Level 4
Level 4

Should be as simple as putting a test branch phone in a CSS where it has access to the central site dial plan. This is like an OPX over IP?

This is like an OPX over IP? yes.

i have the phone in a wide open css. i feel like i am missing a dial peer - a call leg.

Jerry,

Just backing up a step, are the phones at both sites registering to the same CCM cluster (probably located at the central site)?

-Shikamaru

yes.

i tried configuring a dial peer voice 1 voip - dest-patt 9t and pointed it to the central site sess targ ipv4:172.17.1.5 (7204) - still no luck. i have a 7940 test phone at test branch.

can i debug something while dialing 9 to get pstn and getting error message?

thanks for the reply.

Jerry,

Okay, so there is a single cluster that all phones connect to, phones in the central site are able to hit the PRI cicruits, the remote phones can dial the internal extensions at there own site and central site but can't dial out of the central site's PRI. The phones at the remote site should be able to be configured exactly the same way as a phone at the central site is configured, the only difference being that it's separated via T1 WAN circuit. If your remote site doesn't have its own PRI there is no reason for the phones to have anything to do with the local router (which, according to the original post, can't be configured for MGCP.) Just tell with phones at the remote site to refer to the central site's gateway via route list. Let me know if you need me to elaborate more of if there's anything I missed.

-Shikamaru

ok thanks - i'll work on it. all my remote sites are mgcp so this one has been a new experience.

Shikamaru - same thing - i made sure the test branch is in the correct ccs and partition. i removed all dial peers on the 7204 and i can place on net calls (4 digit dial) and receive calls from pstn - i cant call out from the test branch still.

im thinking if i smash the phone i'll feel better!

thanks.

Well, don't smash the phone. I'm pretty sure that won't work ;)

A good test would be to take a phone at the remote site and configure it exactly like a phones at the central site (same device pool, access to the same partitions, etc.) Identical. See if it dials out. If not, try dialing out and run "debug isdn q931" on the gateway. You should run this test after hours when it's not busy since one call and produce a lot of output and you'll get flooded. Let me know if it produces any output.

-Shikamaru

you were right about the css - i was pointing to the wrong one. i needed to point to a css that had the pstn connection.

thanks for your help.

jerry

Happy to help! Don't forget to rate this post! :)

-Shikamaru

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: