Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant Change background through common phone profile

Greetings,

I am running 10.x cucm, I modified a background image, I can go to the phone and see it there and change it to the background on the phones. But I need to change it in bulk.  These are 7945G, 7965G phones and the TFTP has the images.  I went to the common phone profile, copied the original, renamed it and then changed the profile.  Enable end users access to background images,,,,, unchecked,  background image "image.pnp" with no paths...... over ride system checked.  Save, bulk edit, run with new phone profile and changes such as the enable end user uncheck do propagate to the phone but the background wont change.  any help would be great.  as I mentioned, I can manually change the phone background on each phone but this needs to be done in bulk.  

thank you

8 Replies 8

are you sure the file name is correct. is it .pnp or .png? Good idea is to take packet capture from the phone and see what files have been requested.

Trisha Vasquez
Level 1
Level 1

Iyad Musleh
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the exact same problem, but running CUCM 8.5.1.  IP phone 7965G with load SCCP45.9-3-1SR3-1S.  I know it's been a while since the original post. But, any chance you were able to find a solution?

Sudheer Shenoy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Charles,

In the common phone profile configuration, make sure you uncheck  "Enable End User Access to Phone Background Image Setting" and try. 

Best Regards,

Sudheer Shenoy

Sudheer,

Charles did mention in his original post that he unchecked that setting. I also did the same. That did not change the end result, which was not being able to apply the new background in bulk, enterprise wide. So far, the only way I have been able to change to the background image is by going to each phone and changing the user settings.  This is not feasible in an environment of thousands of phones.  We need to be able to do this in bulk. 

Maybe, as a test,  I would first apply the background image change in the CPP and deploying it, before unchecking the "Enable End User Access to Phone Background Image" setting.  We'll see tomorrow. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

See this enhancement request

Apply background via Common Phone Profile for 79xx phones
CSCud67313

As it has always been, the only option is to script this for those models.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime, I looked at the bug you mentioned and it referenced this entry:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12573701/7945-phones-not-taking-custom-background-image.

The fix is to update the phones to the latest firmware. After I did that, I was able to push out the new image to the phones in bulk.

Thanks

Really?? I found a bunch of TAC cases that mentioned they were trying the latest FW  (9.4 something) releases and it just would not work for them, the bug still shows as Open.

I'm glad it worked for you, but it seems that results may vary.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: