cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cant make international conference call on Cisco phone by putting conference code to join the meeting

amralrazzaz
Level 5
Level 5

HI ALL

could you please help me in my issue it still cant join conference call after put the conference code which requested from me after dialing the number of the meeting and the Cisco phone recognize the code as number and its like outing me from the original call and telecom vendor answer machine said its wrong number please dial correct one 

some note :

1- i already update firmware of the cisco phone 7821 

2- im using CME 10.5

3- i have cisco 2911 with 2 i/f card each 4 fxo port (total 8 fxo)

using 2 port fxo connected to primacell devices each one has attached with sim card from vodafone

and switch 24 port 2960 giga port all devices connected to ip phones and ip phone connected to our laptops

4- we dont have on our buildings landlines infra

5- i can call international but cant put the conference code after asked for that followed by hash , the phone didn't recognize that its code not a number 

that is why local line vendor answer machine said this number is wrong please try another

6- plz find attached file 

amr alrazzaz
23 Replies 23

Spoiler

aha okay thanks , please can u help me on the ios step for upgrade ? and u mean by ios upgrade is ios for the cme ?

do have link for how upgrade the ios ?

amr alrazzaz

aha okay thanks , please can u help me on the ios step for upgrade ? and u mean by ios upgrade is ios for the cme ?

do have link for how upgrade the ios ?

amr alrazzaz

Download the latest IOS from CCO. Do the following -

conf t
no boot system
boot system flash:<new IOS>
wr
reload

And yes this is for CME. It will upgrade it.
Whatever version is upgraded, you might want to upgrade the phone firmware as well per the compatibility matrix.

thanks man just to make sure from u ?

should i take backup from router configurations ?? is it  will effect on the configurations and delete it ?

this ios for cme only not the router ios ? right just to make sure from u and its better to make it after working hours 
? or its okay within working hours ?

can u help me with the link of cme ios ?   and should i install the latest ? it will be compatible with ip phones? 

amr alrazzaz

Upgrading the IOS and/or upgrading the CME are one and the same thing. If you upgrade the IOS, it upgrades your CME as well. There is no two way process to this.
It is a good idea to backup your config, either to flash or to an external TFTP/FTP server. The upgrade is pretty straightforward and not known to cause issues but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Yes, upgrade to the latest IOS available on CCO. What is the router model you are running ?

can u please check the attached file and advice me which update exactly should i installed and from where and steps 

thanks alot boss

amr alrazzaz

I have already highlighted the steps. It's just a IOS upgrade. You need to worry about CME. Have you upgraded an IOS on a ISR before ?

actually no i didn't upgrade ios before 

amr alrazzaz

I would propose redesigning the IOS to a most recent discharge conceivable