Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant see firmware version 7936 Cisco

Hi all,

I have a conference station, but I cant see the version in either, the configuration screen on the phone and the web page of the phone. for that reason I can not make this phone to register with the CUCM 7.1.3. I reccently update our CM and (publisher and suscribers),with a Device Pack but I did not work. The IP phone shows that it can't contact the TFTP server (on CUCM version 7.1).

The phone is in the same vLan

There are not conectivity layer 1 problems.

There are not ACLS, involved on this.

The IP phone can be only registeded by our old CUCM (4.1), Uploaded firmware version (last firmware on that CUCM (4.1)) and it works fine but I don't have ways to see the firmware version on my Phone, It seems that is "not visible, and locked", even if I access it with an admin account to the service web on the Phone.

Here is an image.

79361.JPG

As u' can see, no version visible!, And I Tried to see the version by manually enter to the configuration en the phone screen, but it appears empty, no version is displayed, no data available in order to continue troubleshooting.

That phone works on CUCM 4, but that server is not currently in service, we have CUCM 7.1.3

I've tried also restarting the phone, by shut it down, and by the tool "Restore to factory defaults", and i get the same result "no version displayed". And, because of that I can not see if the phone has and older version or the newer version. (Both of our CM 4 and 7, have the latest firmware version for upgrade).

What could be the problem here?.

Thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Juan,

Please open a case with TAC to RMA the phone. I tried couple of work around I got but I was not able to upgrade the phone to newer firmware.

The reason why the web page does not show the firmware is because is very old firmware.

Thanks,

Luis

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

RAJAMANI Nallakaruppan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I had even faced a similar issue with the 7936 Conference Stations not registering to the Callmanager v 7.X. It is because that the Conference Station does not understand the configuration file sent by the Callmanager v 7.X. The workaround would be that you can try to downgrade the firmware on your Conference Station to either 3.3.16 or 3.3.15 and then try to register it with the Callmanager v 7.X.

Regards

Rajamani

lyanes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Juan,

Please standbye for a possible solution on this issue. I am currently working on trying to find the way to recover couple of phones I have.

I will let you know how to fix it when I found the fix myself.

Thanks,

Luis

Hi all, I have not solvet it yet, RAJAMANI, I can not see the current version firmware of the IP Phone, for that reason I dont know if the phone has the lastest release or a preovious one. The only thing I know is that the phone registers on CM 4, and on CM 7 it does not. I will try to downgrade the firmware con CUCM 4, on the section "Device Defaults".

Lyanes, I apreciate your answer, and sure, I will stand by for a possible solution. I hope you could have your phones fixed!

Regards

Juan,

Please open a case with TAC to RMA the phone. I tried couple of work around I got but I was not able to upgrade the phone to newer firmware.

The reason why the web page does not show the firmware is because is very old firmware.

Thanks,

Luis

Thanks for your answer lyanes, I will do that.! I hope that phone will be able to work.!

Hello Everybody,

I am currently facing the same problem with 19 of the Cisco 7936 of our telephone fleet.

I have tried various workarround as discribed in these links :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/302146

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-3738

But none of them worked.

Is opening a case with TAC the only way to solve this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Yannis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: