cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAPF Cert renewal and phones reset

AFlack20
Level 1
Level 1

Hopefully this is a straight forward question.

Our CAPF cert is about to expire, but the service isn't currently running on CUCM. Nor is our call manager cluster running in secure mode.

I would like to regenerate the CAPF cert to begin using the ASA phone vpn feature, but I've come across this document here that has a warning that if a CAPF cert is to be regenerated that this would cause phones to reset.

Does anyone know if the phones will still restart or will cause any other type of outage, if the CAPF service isn't currently running when the cert is regenerated?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The document that you reference states this.

Warning: If you regenerate the CAPF certificate or import a third-party signed CAPF certificate while the CAPF service is activated and started, phones are automatically reset by CUCM.”.

As you don’t have the service activated there should be no impact on the phones when you renew the CAPF certificate.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

The document that you reference states this.

Warning: If you regenerate the CAPF certificate or import a third-party signed CAPF certificate while the CAPF service is activated and started, phones are automatically reset by CUCM.”.

As you don’t have the service activated there should be no impact on the phones when you renew the CAPF certificate.

Response Signature

The phone will reset when service is active irrespective of mixed mode or not . images from my lab.

1.png

Phone registration status after regenerating the CAPF certificate.

1.png

Response Signature