cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ccm 4.1.3 MOH service doesnot stop but no music on hold.

senolgokhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

on ccm 4.1.3 MOH service runs 2 days and then sudenly it stops. After restarting service it again starts running.

Actullay wheni check the service, the service never stops i mea it seems it still runs but no music on hold. I restart the service and then it starts running again.

This happens one times per 2 days

what can be the problem

where should i check on ccm

thanks Gokhan

5 Replies 5

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

What do hear when you believe it suddently stops ToH or Silence?

Verifiy that multicast active resources counters increment from with perfmon or RTMT, depending on how you have implemented your MoH server within CallManager.

If you see that the appropriate counters are incrementing then you can be assured that when IP phone is on-hold that CCM is providing the audio-source.

The next aspect is to verify whether the IP Phone is receiving the multicast audio stream. Put a sniffer on the back of the pc port to verify this, if there are no RTP packets on-hold then problem could reside with your network, specifically your multicast routing and where you have deployed your RPs.

How long has it been running like this? Is it only recently this has started? If this is the case are you aware of any changes within CCM such as ES updates, or changes in the underlying network regarding multicast?

Regards

Allan.

Pls rate this post if you find it helpful.

Hi Allan,

Some really good pointers here! 5 points for this and for the many other great answers that you have posted :)

Thanks for everything!

Rob

Much appreciated Rob, thanks for vote of confidence and the rating too ;-)

Al.

Hello

i hear silence when it stops. Also i checked from rtmt performance. it displays connection lost. I added an attachment of rtmt . But how can it be. What is your comment for attachment.

Also i enabled trace for ip voice media streaming but from trace/analysis i dont see any sdi files.

it is running like this from the beginning. But also i have another server which is running without any problem. . both of servers have same version .ccm 4.1.3 sr3c.

thansk for your help

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Gokhan,

If no objections, you may upgrade to latest SR in 4.1(3). SR6 will be posted soon now we have sr5d.

That includes several fixes for IPVMS problems.

Or checked what previous posts indicated and open a case with us to find out what exactly is happening at MRM level.

Thanks