Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 5.1 CSS/Partition name limitations

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

Hi.

I've to create all main CSS and partitions now.

I've found doc about limitations  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmcfg/b03parti.html#wp1056162

I'm sorry if it's a dummy question,but i can't understand is this limitation only for one CSS or for all cluster?

Example:  CSS_1 (2 characters=170 partitions,15 character=32 partitions)

Local limit only for CSS_1

Or

CSS_1,CSS_2,CSS_XXX (2 characters=170 partitions MAX?)

Total limit for all CSS

Hope,it will be clear to understand what i wrote

Thanks.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

thills
Level 4
Level 4

The limiitation is on the number characters that a each Calling Search Space can contain so if you make your partition names too long then you restrict the number you can list under a CSS, I know this limitation has been around since version 3 and think it still applies after version 5. It basically means it is beneficial to make your partion names as short as you can without making them completly meaningless, also make sure you put in a description, i.e. if your partition names are only 2 characters in length, each CSS can contain 170 partitions, or if your partition names are 15 characters in length then you can only list 32 partitions in each CSS. Hope that Helps?

View solution in original post

Senthil Kumar Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I believe there is no limitations for the number of CSS groups in a cluster.

But you have limitations for number of partitions in the CSS group, it depends on the length of the partition name you have.

That is what Cisco have provided the Table in that Documentation..

Hi Lebedev ,

Partion Configuration:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmcfg/b03parti.html#wp1056162

The easiest way to calculate everything is:
30 characters + 1 for the separator (:) = 31. 512 (max character limit available after the CSS of the device and CSS of the route pattern)
512/31 = 16.5, therefore you can have 16 partitions with 30 characters per partition.

If you had 20 partitions with 10 characters each, you use up 220 characters of the 512 allowed ((10+1)*20). Therefore you have 292
characters that you can work with (512-220=292). If you had another 12 partitions that you needed to have under that same CSS, you could have
each of those partitions to have 23 characters each: 292/(x+1)=12. x=23 characters

Hope this doesn't confuse you.

30 characters -> 16 partitions
20 characters -> 24 partitions
10 characters -> 46 partitions

As long as you keep the partition name relatively small (under 10 characters), you shouldn't have to worry about running out of space.

Hope you find this useful.

Thanks

Mudit

5 Replies 5

thills
Level 4
Level 4

The limiitation is on the number characters that a each Calling Search Space can contain so if you make your partition names too long then you restrict the number you can list under a CSS, I know this limitation has been around since version 3 and think it still applies after version 5. It basically means it is beneficial to make your partion names as short as you can without making them completly meaningless, also make sure you put in a description, i.e. if your partition names are only 2 characters in length, each CSS can contain 170 partitions, or if your partition names are 15 characters in length then you can only list 32 partitions in each CSS. Hope that Helps?

Thanks a lot Tim.

That all i wanted to know.

Respect

Senthil Kumar Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I believe there is no limitations for the number of CSS groups in a cluster.

But you have limitations for number of partitions in the CSS group, it depends on the length of the partition name you have.

That is what Cisco have provided the Table in that Documentation..

Thanks a lot Sankar

Hi Lebedev ,

Partion Configuration:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmcfg/b03parti.html#wp1056162

The easiest way to calculate everything is:
30 characters + 1 for the separator (:) = 31. 512 (max character limit available after the CSS of the device and CSS of the route pattern)
512/31 = 16.5, therefore you can have 16 partitions with 30 characters per partition.

If you had 20 partitions with 10 characters each, you use up 220 characters of the 512 allowed ((10+1)*20). Therefore you have 292
characters that you can work with (512-220=292). If you had another 12 partitions that you needed to have under that same CSS, you could have
each of those partitions to have 23 characters each: 292/(x+1)=12. x=23 characters

Hope this doesn't confuse you.

30 characters -> 16 partitions
20 characters -> 24 partitions
10 characters -> 46 partitions

As long as you keep the partition name relatively small (under 10 characters), you shouldn't have to worry about running out of space.

Hope you find this useful.

Thanks

Mudit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: