Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 8.6 SERVICES URL

HI

I have a new server ccm 8.6 I have configured Extension mobility. I am using 7940,7941 Ip phone witch were registered with my old ccm 4.1.3sr6a the phones have registered with the new server but I can not see the corporate directory & any services like Extension mobility even if the phone was subscribed to the service.

some history:

during the new server configuration I use a separate L3 POE sw with tow vlans one fore the servers and one for the phones every thing was fine until i changed the servers in the production network the phones work fine with ccm 4 but when they register with ccm8 the issue happens .when i did the roll back i had to down grade the phone firmware from (9-2-1 th1-13 ccm8.6) to (8-3-3 sr2s ccm4) to get the extension mobility work with the old server as will as the corporate directory.

Any Help for this Please.

8 Replies 8

Dears

Any Idea

Hi Mohamed,

Just out of curiousity, did you check the Enterprise Parameters of the new 8.6 CUCM server? Under "Phone URL Parameters", do you have the hostname of the server or IP address for the different URLs given there? If its hostname, put the IP address in its place and test the phones.

HTH.

--
Regards,
Harmit.

Hi Harmit

I did use the Ip address in the URLs from the begning . Any Other Idea Please.

By the way do you think that the proxy server could effect. I check the ccm 4 the old server configuration it is not used and i did the same configuration for the new server ccm8.6.

Hi Mohamed,

It is possible that somehow caused this issue. Do you get an error when you press the directories button on the phones, like "host not found" or something else?

Can you maybe take a packet capture from the CUCM 8.6 server as well as one IP Phone when you press the directories button. Please capture this for the same timeframe. Also, please mention the IP addresses of the CUCM server and IP Phone.

--
Regards,
Harmit.

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did your phones successfully upgrade to the new default load of CUCM 8.6 or are they stuck due to "auth fail" on the old 4.1.3 load?  The older load may not be compatible with the new phone service format, such as the new services provisioning (internal or external).

Hello Harmit

when I press the directories button no errors it keeps ( Requesting). looks like it did not find the URL destination .one of the times I got the message ( Host not found ).when I pressed the Service button.

Dear Joe

All phones did the firmware upgrade normally and then registered with the new call manager and got their auto registration directory number and we even could call each other .Only the services are missing.when I returned the phones to the old server I had to factory reset them to reload the ccm4 firmware to get full functioning.phone are 7941.

Mohamed,

8.X will use Secure URL by default. Do you see TVS service running on the server where phones are registered? Are the phones downloading ITL files (you can check from the phone manually by going to Settings>Security>Trust List) ?

Can you check the status messages, if everything is good? (Settings>Status>Status Messages or you can check from Web access if enabled by clicking on the ip address of phone and going to the status messages)

You can try restarting TVS service.

You can also try and set services provisioning from internal to Both in the the enterprise params in the CUCM and see if that makes any difference, I think there was a thread here on this.

If still does not work:

You can download your phone config file (tftp -i x.x.x.x get SEPXXX.cnf.xml.sgn) and either look if its receiving the correct URL or post it here.

In the end, we can also try using the non-secure URLs by going to enterprise params and copying the Phone URLs to Secure URLs (replacing https with http and port 8443 with 8080).

Terry

Thanks Terry I will Try All the steps Mensioned and Update you with the results.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: