cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM and H.323 call routing

Wes Schochet
Level 3
Level 3

I am running CUCM 6.0 and would like to send calls off to my PBX (Avaya) via an H.323 trunk. The trunk is up and running and I am now considering how to design the call routing. It does not appear that I can use the h.323 gateway as an entry in any route

<br /><br />Ideally, I'd like to send calls via the h.323 trunk and if that trunk is full (The PBX only reserves so many channels) or not available for some reason (like the gateway is out of DSPs), I'd like to route the calls either to a different h.323 gateway or to T1 tie lines as a backup. Perhaps AAR could do this, but it seems like that is an overly complicated solution. Does anyone have any experience with this type of issue or have any ideas at a solution?

<br />

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you put an H323 gateway as the destination for a Route Pattern, then that H323 gateway will no longer be available as a selection (for route pattern or route group). If you build a route group and route list for your H323 gateway, then you can build other route group route lists using that gateway. [At least that is what I noticed in my lab with CM 4.x long ago].

-steve

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can put multiple gateways in a route group(s), put the route group(s) in a route list and point your route pattern to the route list.

When you say, "It does not appear that I can use the h.323 gateway as an entry in any route", I assume you mean your gateway is not available from within a route pattern? If so, this is because it is currently in a route group. Gateways assigned to route groups are not available in route patterns.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

If you put an H323 gateway as the destination for a Route Pattern, then that H323 gateway will no longer be available as a selection (for route pattern or route group). If you build a route group and route list for your H323 gateway, then you can build other route group route lists using that gateway. [At least that is what I noticed in my lab with CM 4.x long ago].

-steve

Arrrrrghhhh! That is exactly what I did.

And I knew that - or perhaps it's better state as - I've made this same mistake before!

Thanks Steve. You are correct!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: