cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM OS install HPDL380

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I am attempting to install CCM 4.1 on a supported HP 380 server. Is it nescessary to run any hardware detection or drivers from HP before installing the Cisco OS? thanks

6 Replies 6

sohaildxbfze
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

CD having title Hardware detection must be run first, it comes in the cd package

There is no hardware detection CD in the package I purchased specificaly for the HP 380 server. I recieved OS disks 1 and 2 along with the usual CCM software. I had them reship the cd package because I thought they may have failed to send the detection cd, but the same software arrived.

Can anyone confirm if it is nescessary to run any hardware detection software prior to OS?

Thanks

Hi hauchinango.

How many disks do you recieved?

There should be 2 disk with the CCM software (Instalation, Upgrade and Recovery) and one with OS on a DVD labled "Cisco IP TELEPHONY SERVER OS 2000.x.x. (7825H, 7835H 7845H or HP server)

If you only got 2 disk, you have maybe ordered an upgrade and therefore unly recieved Disk 1 & 2 for CCM.

/Johnny

Johnny,

I got the full software bundle, which contains the two DVDs OS 2000 4.4 for 7845 H1/H2, as well as all CCM disks.

R

So it is just to boot on the right dvd for you server.

There is no sepratet Hardware detection any more.

/Johnny

Johnny,

You are correct. I do not need a hardware detection CD. I opened a TAC case, and they told me that without question a hardware detection cd is required. Wrong information! I actually had a server issue causing my intitial problem.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: