cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Upgrade 4.1 to 8.5 - Phone firmware

satish rawat
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded my CUCM from 4.1 to 8.5.1 and everything worked fine. CUCM 8.5 comes with default phone loads of 9.1SR1  for 7941-61 phones. All 7941-61 phones had below  FW

App Load IDJar41sccp.8-2-2ES1.sbn
Boot Load ID7961G_64-02070631Amd64megRel.bin
VersionSCCP41.8-2-2SR1S

before i started the CM upgrade. Phones are now registered but still has above FW on them and did not upgraded, I tried to search Cisco documentation to find an interim FW that will allow them to go to latest but cant find one.

I tried 8.4.1 and 8.5(2) but that did not worked. Can anyone point me a fw upgrade path that i should follow inorder to upgrade these phoes.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Vipul Jindal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hello,

as per release notes

For all SCCP firmware upgrades from firmware  release versions earlier than 8.3(3) to version 8.5(2)SR1 or greater,  you must first upgrade your firmware to version 8.5(2). Once you have  upgraded to version 8.5(2), you can upgrade your IP Phone to version  9.1(1)SR1 or later.

so upgrading to 8.5.2 should work.

how you are upgrading the phones to 8.5.2?

thanks,

Vipul Jindal

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's strange because the 9.1.1SR1 release notes says as below..

For all SCCP firmware upgrades from firmware release versions earlier than 8.3(3) to version 8.5(2)SR1 or greater, you must first upgrade your firmware to version 8.5(2). Once you have upgraded to version 8.5(2), you can upgrade your IP Phone to version 9.1(1)SR1 or later.

However above statement itself is bit unclear when it advises to upgrade to 8.5.2 even for phones with 8.5.2.SR1 ( which is actually the later ).

You might want to consult TAC to get confirmed clarification from TAC/BU.

GP.

satish rawat
Level 1
Level 1

Test

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

satish rawat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I downloaded 8.5(2) cop sgn file from cco and installed on cm using sftp process. I noticed my device default for 7961 changed from 8.4.1 to 8.5(2) after this install ... Am I missing anything ?

so i assume you have restarted the TFTP Service on all the servers??

also once tftp services is restarted you need to reboot the phone to take the new firmware!!

thanks,

Vipul Jindal

satish rawat
Level 1
Level 1

Restarted phone but not tftp... Maybe that Is a miss... Will try this.

Good point

satish rawat
Level 1
Level 1

That was it...TFTP... Thanks vipul !

glad to hear it worked!!

thanks,

Vipul Jindal

please dont forgt to mark it answered!!