Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM5.1b issue, opinions?

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Guys

my customer is running CCM 5.1b cluster of two MCS-7825i2 servers for around 100 IPT users. I've encountered a strange problem this week; any updates on any IP phone through CCMAdmin (CSS, adding service to phone, change device pool, change MRGL on phone,..etc) is being made and saved correctly, but the IP phone being updated through CCM does not get any update, even when initiating reset through CCM to any IP phone, it will not reset or change its state, like you did no thing!

what is happening is that each ip phone is like holding its old conf file and does not get any update once made through CCM web admin!

i started troubleshooting this by resetting tftp (on Publisher), then cisco callmanager service on both Pub and Sub with no avail!

i checked connectivity and security settings in the data network, everything was ok.

lastly, what i had to do was to restart the CCM Publisher server, the result was every thing worked fine after this restart?

so some service/s was/were stuck.

what is your opinion, is it the 5.1b version issue? or something else?

i was confused to have like such a case, it is CCM 5.1.x and linux based OS?!

regards,

/majdi

3 Replies 3

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Sounds like a replication and SDL Link issue. Therefore rebooting the Publisher cleared it. It would be tough to say what would have caused it. Could be something to do with the services or even a Network issue which triggered the problem.

Aurelien PHAN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Got exactly the same symptoms with this version.

For this issue, the cause was that the ccm was overflooded by registration attempt of 2 VG224.

All the VG224s port were configured in stcapp mode (on the ios), but not configured on CCM yet, so registration attempt failed, causing multiple retry from the VG and High cpu on Publisher.

I disconnected the vg from the network, and everything worked fine.

Hope this help.

Hi

i would like to mention that it was a bug in CCM version 5.1b

see these two bugs:

CSCsj98249, CSCsh41158.

to fix we have to upgrade to latest version

good luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: