Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME 7.1 - IP Phone 7942 language

h-etchepare
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I use a CCME 7.1 and I want to use my IP Phones with french language.

So I have done

user-locale FR

network-lcale FR

in the telephony-servives.

I have created cnf-files and reset my phone but the language is still english.

When I look the status message on my 7942, I can see this message two times " Error Updating Locale"

Someone have any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Herve

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to download the french locale tarfile, uncompress to router, configure each file with tftp-server, after that will work.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but if I understand correcttly this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_u1ht.html

I don't hacve to download any package for french. I have to do that for chinese for example.

Hervé

Hi Hervé,

Configuring system defined locales depends on the type of IP phone. For new phones you must download locale files and store them in flash.

You can follow the steps from CME Admin Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmelocal.html#wp1087072

Hope it helps, please rate if it does.

Best regards,

- Adrián.

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your post.

I have just 7942, 7962 and 7937 phones so I think I don't have to download the french package.

Thanks

Hervé

Yes, you have to. Do "debug tftp events" with "term mon" and you will see which file the phone is looking for.

Great it's work fine now !

The package is necessary for 7942 phones too.

My phones are nox in french but services (world map) items are still in english.

Is it normal ?

Is it possible to desactivate this items for the CCME ?

Best regards,

Hervé

World map ? Check with who wrote the service.

Please remember to rate useful post with the scrollbox below.

Okay my explanation was not very good.

When I push the services button of my 7942, the menu is still on english (CME Service URL, Extension Mobility, My Phone Apps).

For the 7937, rp-sccp.jar seems to be required but is not present in the french laguage package.

Have you got a solution to have my 7937 in french ?

Thanks for help,

Best regards

Hi, sometime cisco "forgets" details like the oned you mentioned.

You may want to contact a CME PM, Tony Huynh tonhuynh@cisco.com and see what he says.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: