cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME and Cisco Unified communications express

sarenos2006
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody can explain me which are the differences between CCME and CUCE?

I have a customer that need 60 extensions and wants to use SIP not SCCP.

Is there any disadvantage if I use SIP? Can I register any vendor IP phone in the cisco SIP router?

regards

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you can use SIP phone with CCME, but the overall functionality will not good. Basically, cisco does not officially support non-cisco phones with CME. You will not have, or will have trouble enabling any feature like dual-line, call transfer, conference, etc.

I think the situation is not much different for CCM. Once something doesn't work with a non-cisco phones, you have no support from from Cisco.

I suggest you show him how the cisco phone works nicely in SCCP, with directories, etc.

But if I use cisco IP phones with SIP I haven't pay for the CCME license.

Will we have problems too? in call transfer, dual-line etc... if I'm using Cisco IP phones but using SIP?

Hi,

I personally find the SIP mode with CCME to be inferior and more complicated to use than SCCP.

mnasser78
Level 1
Level 1

As I know; Yes you can run SIP phones on CME, I didn't try it, but details are presented in document:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager

Express System Administrator Guide

which clearly tells that u can use IP Phones running SIP if ur CME 3.4 or later, u shall use "Voice register dn" instead of "ephone-dn", and "Voice register pool" instead of "ephone".

If u go for SIP, and it works, please let me know

Regards