Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME / Blind Transfer softkey / Call routing based on CLI

ADAM CRISP
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a requirement to route an inbound call, based upon the CLI of the caller. This is easy to acheive using the answer address within the incoming dial-peer.

The hard part is that I need the call first answered by a receptionist and when the receptionist transfers the call to a number (could be hunt group pilot or some other virtual DN) the call is then routed to the correct real pilot by the CLI of the call.

This works fine when CCME is in Blind transfer more, but when Attended transfers are enabled globally the functional blind transfer made by the receptionist is actually a new call followed by an update/transfer.

Is there a way to define a softkey that forces a transfer in Blind transfer mode, or is there a way for the receptionist's CLI to be set to the incoming CLI of the calling party ?

thanks

Adam

2 Replies 2

vcappucc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Adam,

From what I undertstand is that you want to disable attended transfer for secretary phone/extension and leave attended transfer for rest of the office?

you can do this using

R2(config-ephone)#ephone-dn 1

R2(config-ephone-dn)#transfer-mode ?

blind    Perform blind call transfers (without consultation) using single

phone line

consult  Perform call transfers with consultation using second phone line if

available

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/12_2z/12_2zj/cme30cr/icr30nz.html#wpmkr1011621

please let us know if this is what you are looking for?

Thanks

Victor.-

Hi Victor, Yes but No.

That would do it, but the receptionist shouldn't be restricted by only being able to make blind tranfers.

The receptionist should be able to blind transfer the call, or attend.

There's no way to know prior to the call being answered by the receptionist which way it's going to go.

Adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: