cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ccna/ccnp voice

cisco steps
Level 1
Level 1

I am starting to build a basic voice lab for voice exams and training and I need some expert opinion pls..

My first question is what is the latest CME that I can install on 2801 ?

my second question is hardware related.

I have 3550 POE and 2 cisco Voip Phones . I am planning on running CUCM on vmware , I need to know if I need to Machines or I can create PUB/SUB on the same machine running VMWARE.

any other suggestion is appreciated  !!!!

Ty !!!!

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can review CME/HW compatibility requirements here:

Cisco Unified CME and Cisco IOS Software Version Compatibility Matrix

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/33matrix.htm

Your VMWare question completely depends on what you have to play with, if it supports the OVA requirements for the 2 CUCM servers you can run them smoothly, if you're a little below the reqs, you might still do it but they will be slow and might run into memory issues (you won't know until you actually do it)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime.. what do you mean by OVA , I am not familiar w/ that , I was going to have windows 7 w/ 8 g of ram , Vmware installed and then call managers as pub/sub.

Thanks

Hi Cisco steps

What is an OVA?

A virtual machine template defines the  configuration of the virtual machine's virtual hardware. Open  Virtualization Format (OVF) is an open standard for describing a virtual  machine template, and Open Virtualization Archive (OVA) is an open  standard to package and distribute these templates. Files in OVA format  have an extension of ".ova".

For more details refer the Unified Communications Virtualization

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: