Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCNA-V without CCNA

Hi all,

I`ve recently left a job where I was studying CCNA amongts doing service support.  I`ve graduated from NetAcad the year before.  The company paid for my exam but I failed by about 20 points.

I`ve left the company and I am now employed by a telephony company, Cisco voice installs on UC-500 platforms mainly.  My new boss isn`t too concerened about me not having the CCNA cert as I have proved that I have the knowledge to support customer networks, but he does want me to get CCNA-V.  He will pay for this.  I have been with this company two months now.  I`ve installed an 80 user UC-560 plaform, supported 35 other customer sites, so my boss believes I have the right skills, drive and knowledge to pass the exam.

Can I do the CCNA-V without having the CCNA cert?  I just don`t want to go through the same old study again when I already know the stuff.  I just want to crack on with the CCNA-V.  I am willing to go back to do the CCNA off my own back but for now I just want to get the voice cert and progress within the company.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame Community Legend Hall of Fame Community Legend
Hall of Fame Community Legend

Hi Stephen,

You do require a valid CCNA as a prerequisite for the CCNA-Voice exam (cert) not to take

the exam but to actually receive the certification

CCNA Voice Prerequisites

Valid Cisco

CCNA

or any Cisco CCIE certification can act as a prerequisite.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le3/learning_certification_type_home.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Always movin' ahead and never lookin' back" - Springsteen

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman

Hi Stephen,

You do require a valid CCNA as a prerequisite for the CCNA-Voice exam (cert) not to take

the exam but to actually receive the certification

CCNA Voice Prerequisites

Valid Cisco

CCNA

or any Cisco CCIE certification can act as a prerequisite.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le3/learning_certification_type_home.html

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob.

So this would mean I wouldn`t get a certificate through the post if I passed the exam?

Rob Huffman

Hi Stephen,

You are most welcome my friend

That's correct, you would not receive the CCNA-Voice cert until such time

(you have 3 years) as the base CCNA was passed. When you passed the CCNA

you would get "both" certifications.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers