Views
Helpful
Replies

CCVP Direct Inward Dialing - Dynamic

oussamabachiri1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm working on a project for a business implemention of Cisco Unified Communication BE6K
and i'm using Gateway Router 2911 connected to the PSTN, and i need to implement the DID functionality
in a way that the mapping of DN(Directory Numbers) and DUN( Dialed User Number) incoming from the PSTN will be dynamic.

Classic Mapping :

DN(Extensions)

PSTN Dial User Number

5555-1001

5555-1002

What i’m looking for :

DN(Extensions)

PSTN Dial User Number

5555-1001

5555-1002

And i can be able to change it easily to depending on the client need

DN(Extensions)

PSTN Dial User Number

5555-1001

5555-1002

Note: the problem here is not the limited range of DIDs so you would say that the solution is an Attent(CUAC).

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am sorry to have to tell you that the only feasible solution is to have an auto attendant that will route calls. There is nothing that can do what you want. You cant just dial a number and have it dynamically routed to a number without pre configuring that number of having an intermediary to route calls to that number

Please rate all useful posts

No, i don't say without preconfiguring.

what i'm saying is that if i need it to be configured, it will have to be  at a higher level say an interface that someone with no IT exp will do it. then he or she will be able to point a DIDx>>>DNx just witha click of button.

and when the calls for DIDx comming it will direclty routed to DNx (no attendant). just the prehighconfig.

because i know that everytime i need to change the config i need to change the GW config which is not practical, i already done it on another Technology (Alcatel-Lucent) but i need it now on Cisco :)

Well..If you are looking at changing this on the gateway then users cant do it. Cisco gateways doesnt have a user interface for such things unless you are using CCME, then users can make changes from the web portal

Please rate all useful posts

You could write some sort of AXL or CURRI application with a web front-end that people could use to manage the call routing in a user-friendly interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: