cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR Calling Party Number Exists But Called Party Is Blank

krstubblefield
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.  I'm new to the Cisco world and I often find answers to my questions here but I have not found any thing related to this issue.

Each month I download my CDR and put it in Excel for manipulation.  Two thirds of my records are for the same Calling Party Number which I have tracked down to be an analog device next to a door that is used to dial people inside the building.  From what I can tell the device placing a call every 2 seconds based on 28 to 30 calls during any given 1 minuet time stamp but the called party number field is blank along with all the other called party fields.  If I use the RTMT tool to look at Real Time Data none of the calls show up.  How can I find out what it's dialing and how can I stop it?

4 Replies 4

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

At a quick look it sounds like you might have a plar on that analog phone set up so when someone takes it off hook it matches with a number.

Can you confirm that?

Is the device registered sip or SCCP?

If SCCP look to see if you have a blank translation pattern that the CSS of the device has access to,.

Thanks for the reply but I figured it out.  It is an external call box on the side of the building and the push button numbers are corroded.  If you press a number in it sticks and causes the CDR record. 

Thanks for the follow up this is what I was looking for next that something was wrong with the analog box.

VoIP Engineer
Level 1
Level 1

There are a number of calling party number fields in the CDR records - I usually like to look at callingPartyNumber, however you can also take a look at:

CallingPartyUnicodeLoginUserID  - if the device is owned by a CUCM user

outpulsedCallingPartyNumber

callingPartyNumber_uri - for SIP calls

origIPAddr - for the IP of the origin device

OrigDeviceName

If you end up doing this more than once, you may look at VoIP Detective.  There's a free version that works without expiration that will give you this data pretty quickly.