cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR? What is SOAP?

hypnotoad
Level 3
Level 3

I'm trying to rebuild my CDR reporting after an upgrade to 6.1.2 from 4.1.3.

Can someone explain SOAP to me? I think this is the way the CDR database is handled now and looks like it was introduced with 4.2.

Thanks,

Patrick

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

Cisco SOAP-CDROnDemand is an optional service. If you are using a third-party billing application that accesses CDR data via an HTTPS/SOAP interface, activate this service.

So how do I query the CDR database? In past versions, it was a seperate database from the CCM DB. Is that still the case?

I have the AXL SQL Toolkit working for CallManager but not for CDR. The CDR database is not referenced in the data dictionary.

--Patrick

Indeed in previous versions it was something you could easily get at with an ADODB connection.

Most "billing" server software kits don't go to the hassle of writing SOAP/AXL language based programs to query the database. Instead, you can add a billing server in the CUCM (which is essentially an FTP server) where CUCM will proceed to dump a flat file per call into the repository. The billing software is then configured to monitor the directory and analyse files as they appear (and insert the data into it's own database).

I'm no SOAP expert but SOAP is an XML based "message" that is formatted in a certain way so that it can access data, or call procedures in remote systems (In the context of Object Oriented programming at least). Cisco have no doubt used this so that it uses more open standards methods of interacting with the software.

To add a billing server, head on over to serviceability in CUCM and you can add a billing server under CDR management.

Mike.

What I'm trying to do is re-create our 911 alerting system. In the mental health arena, we tend to be high volume 911 users. We have about 12 calls per day to 911. We had a home grown system that monitored the CDR database and emailed certain user groups when these calls were made. This was easy with I had direct access to the MS-SQL server on CM4. It's not so easy with CM6. Would I still use the billing server method to do this?

--Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: