cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cellphone to ring if Ext does not answer.

Tazio4436
Level 1
Level 1

I have been tasked to make this feature work.
When there is call at the reception and she transfers the call to any extension and if the person at the extension does not answer after couple of rings then the call is forwarded to his/her cellphone.
I have tried a test for Forward All using the phone itself and secondly from Call Manager and it worked fine.
Now in call manager I am trying to do a call forward for No Answer External but it does not work. It goes directly to voicemail.
Not sure if this is the correct way to do it or it should be done some other way.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks

Tazio

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Can you please take a screenshot of the call forward settings on the destination directory number and post here?

In general I would advise to use Mobile Connect functionality to connect the call to the mobile phone instead of using call forward.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

if it works with callforward all and when you opted callforward no anwser if it doesn't work, one question did you enabled the checkbox  next to the forward no answer external option? Checkbox is for forwarding to voicemail and if enabled call will be forwarded to VM.

1.PNG

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Can you please take a screenshot of the call forward settings on the destination directory number and post here?

In general I would advise to use Mobile Connect functionality to connect the call to the mobile phone instead of using call forward.

Response Signature

Hello Roger,

I know it is very dump of me asking but have no choice how do I get "call forward settings on the destination directory number"

Thanks

Tazio

In Communication Manager search for the directory number that the reception number is forwarded to and take a screenshot of this directory number call forward settings.

Response Signature

if it works with callforward all and when you opted callforward no anwser if it doesn't work, one question did you enabled the checkbox  next to the forward no answer external option? Checkbox is for forwarding to voicemail and if enabled call will be forwarded to VM.

1.PNG

Response Signature

Hello Nithin,

It works fine. I did not know that I should not check the box.

Thanks a lot

@Roger Kallberg ,

Thanks you very much for introducing me to Mobile Connect . I never heard about that before. It was already activated on my side. I need to configure and play around a little bit now. Thank you again.

You guys are great

Regards

Tazio