cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER 911 - cisco emergency responder

I have 

Cisco Emergency Responder Administration

System Version: 11.5.4.40000-2
I am getting the following error which I know mean I need to renew the license but I want to know how it relates to the issue that I am seeing.
Here is the error - The system has passed the Evaluation Period and still no CER specific licenses have been installed to Prime License Manager. The Cisco Phone Tracking Engine has been stopped.

The specific issue I am having is I had a caller make a call last month, license expired way before that, to 911 and the address that came up on the 911 dispatchers caller id was not the address for the phone, it was for our main building illini street not main street which is should be even though it is set up in call manager and cer to show as main street. I checked the call history in the CER console and it show the number using the correct translation pattern and should be indicating that it is main street not illini. So is this related to the license issue or could it be that my phone providers information is incorrect or where else should I look
5 Replies 5

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

As per my knowledge about Cisco UC licensing, even if 90-days evaluation or grace period is expired, the system will operate except MACD functionality. In your case, if correct address is configured in CER and if CER is sending correct ELIN number to the Service Provider, then you need to check with Service Provider about their ALI database. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

so what is the purpose of the licenses what do they do, make work or not work?

The valid licenses will give you full feature functionality including Move, Add, Changes and Delete (MACD). Take your case, because your licenses are expired on CER, the Phone tracking engine is stopped. This means that CER will not track any new phones on the network, it will not track whether the phone is at same location or moved to another location, you will not able able to perform any MACD operations, plus if you do not have valid licenses you will not be able to open support case with Cisco TAC.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

I would imagine you're not going to be able to get TAC support on an application with an expired license.

Well that depends on what part of the CER license covers, it shows an address to the dispatcher it just isn't the correct address information. I thought it just covered phone tracking as in being able locate a phone on what switch and what port