Views
Helpful
Replies

CER - How to clear ERL from switch port

jstemke
Level 1
Level 1

CER 8.6

Is there any way to clear the ERL assigned to a switch port? (under ERL Membership -> Switch Ports)

When selecting "Edit View", there is a little warning that states:  "ERL Name cannot be removed from the table view"

So...is there another place to remove it?

Thanks

John

4 Replies 4

baarbogast
Level 1
Level 1

We have phones that have changed port connections and need to clean up switch configurations.  Is there a way to remove ERl assignments

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

I'm trying to figure this out as well. I've tried using export import but attempting to update to a blank ERL name does not remove it.

It looks like Removing the switch and then adding back in does remove the ERL assignment. I suppose one could export the switch port details, delete the switch, re-add the switch then import back all the ports but the one you were trying to remove. Wow what a pain.

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sort of annoying but the application isn't designed for deleting many things, it maintains it in the database usually just flagged as deleted or inactive. Removing an assigned ERL will drop it back to default if a phone ends up on one of the ports, there's essentially not much benefit to that if you have a better ERL to leave assigned to it in case something changes and your documentation hasn't yet been updated. In my opinion anyway.

For a while I had an "unassigned" ERL but as it was essentially default I just set the broadest one to the equipment, and be more specific when I know more.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: