cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CFA on Ext. in Line Group called by Hunt Pilot?

Lynn Hedspeth
Level 1
Level 1

We need calls coming into main reception which is part of a Line Group that rings Top Down to 4 other extensions, and if not answered ends up back at the call handler for the main reception. I have it all working except we need to Call Forward All calls to voice mail which is an auto attendant for the site. This sends callers directly to the attendant after hours. It appears that the Hunt Pilot/Line Group access eliminates any CFA. Any suggestions.

Lynn Hedspeth, CET
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lynn,

Yes, your work-around is perfectly acceptable and is really

the only way to manipulate Hunt/Forwarding with a type of

"manual" intervention

Nice thinking!

Cheers!

Rob

"Talk about a dream
Try to make it real" 

- Springsteen

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you mean you want to use the CFA from a DN which is in the line group, yes, any call forward behavior is bypassed when the call arrives via a hunt pilot and there's CFA configured in any member.

You need to set the actual FW settings in the hunt pilot for CFNA/CFB.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

I don't need to have it forwarded all the time. I need to be able to switch on and off. We are used to CFA as a type of night ring service. I would be open to some other type of code or manual switching. We need to switch it every night before we leave.

You can use TOD, but setting CFA on a line group member just won't work.

You may also use mobility and enable/disable it.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

I had thought about using Time Of Day routing, but we need it to be more flexible. I have a work around that I did not mention, that seems to be working, but I just couldn't believe that cisco intended for it to work this way. I kind of expect " You Did What" as a reply. I would appreciate your advise, as to, is this a bad idea, or maybe it would cause some type of problem. Here is the work around solution I am using .

I took the 1st (main) phone out of the Line Group, and set it to all forms of CFNA for external calls, to the Hunt Pilot number. This still allows the main phone to CFA to VM (Messages) for night ring service. But during the day if an external call comes in and is not answered it transfers to the Hunt Pilot which rings the phones in the Line Group. I have it set to Top Down. Then if no one answers during the day it still ends up at the Call Handler message of the main phone. At night when the CFA to Messages is activated it goes directly to the Call Handler.

My main question is: do you see any problem with this setup? In testing it appears to be working exactly the way we want it to.

You confirmed that CFA is broken when an a phone is called from a Line Group. This maybe wasn't what I wanted to here, but is very important information.
The TOD was going to be my last thing to try, but was not looking forward to telling them it was going to go into night ring automatically at the same time every day. Also when our implementation is done, we will have 28 remote sites with different schedules that the office hours change between school months, and summer months. Yes I work for a school system. That would have been a tremendous amount of schedule changes 2 times a year.

Thanks, you have been a great help.
Lynn Hedspeth, CET

There are two school of tought, one that says that an hunt-group member can CF, and another that it can't. While Cisco has endorsed the second one, there still a semi-documented CM tweak that lets you do the first. I don't remember the details, but if your search long enough you should be able to find, as it is discusses quite frequently.

Paolo, aren't you confusing this with the pickup on line groups???

HTH

java

Lynn Hedspeth
Level 1
Level 1

Workaround Solution. It appears that the Ring Group overrides any individual settings to a line/extension when it rings an extension. The following is a work around that seams to be working.

I took the first/main ext out of the Ring Group. Since we only want to forward external calls, I set this extension (DN) "Forward No Answer External", "Forward No Coverage External", and "Forward Unregistered External" to forward to the Hunt Pilot number. Set the Ring duration on this extension (DN) to the amount of time before forwarding to the Hunt Pilot. Setup the the RG, HL, and HP normally except the missing first extension. This allowed the first extension to be CFA to VM, or in our case the Call Handler, for night time immediate AA. I also set the Call Pickup Group in the Hunt Pilot Configuration to match the Office Pickup Group so anyone in the group could still pickup the call even after the Ring Group passed by, as long as it hadn't got to the call handler.

I have tested it off line for a couple of days, and tested it live today. It seams to be working exactly as we want. We will be implementing this to our other sites now that I have found a solution. Any comments for or against, or better suggestions would be appreciated.

Lynn Hedspeth, CET
Catawba County Schools

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lynn,

Yes, your work-around is perfectly acceptable and is really

the only way to manipulate Hunt/Forwarding with a type of

"manual" intervention

Nice thinking!

Cheers!