Views
Helpful
Replies

CFNA/CFB Routing for a Route Pattern

scott.braun
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out a way to pull back a call that's been configured to go to a T1-CAS circuit and send it to voicemail if the other side is busy or does not answer.

This is a CUCM 10.5 environment, and the T1 in question will connect a 3925 to a D4 channel bank. Some of the associated DNs have voicemail today in the client's old PBX and I haven't been able to find a good way to replicate that behavior. I considered using a POTS peer as the first choice in the router and a VOIP peer as the second choice, but I'm not sure how I would get the POTS peer to time out and have the call continue routing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think there's a way to do that without something like TCL scripting to handle the call timers, if the call is connected, even if it's to VM, that's a completed call as far as CUCM and the GW are concerned. Same if it's ringing or busy, that means the call was properly routed and "connected" in order to get either of those call status.

Not sure if somebody else has find a way to do that, that does not involve hairpinning the call back so you can try another route.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

There wouldn't be a voicemail system on the other side, so there's no connected state, but I see what you mean about ringing/busy. That's what I expected but I was hoping I was incorrect.

The only things I could think of were kludges, like routing the number through UCCX and doing a supervised transfer, or adding the lines to a phone and configuring SNR. Neither of these sounds like a good solution, though.

Amit Sharawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

IF the far end is Telco,

From the CUCM and GW, it is it not possible. Because if we have already sent the call out of our network, the control for the call remains with far end box. If the far end box sends the busy signal, caller is notified with the busy tone and call is disconnect. This is how all the IOS and CUCM codes are designed.

But, if are you are using your private PBX which can be programmed or configured, then you can route the call back to GW with a number that directly takes the call to VM for the user.

for eg.

IP phone dials 1234 ---CUCM----GW---T1 CAS---Phone ( 1234 ) ----ring no answer----modify the number to 81234----routes back to GW-----CUCM-----Voimail Pilot------Sends the call the VM and strip 8. VM will ring and will take the message.

~Amit

Or unless, this seems to big design consideration as to which VM you want to send the call for.

~Amit

The far end isn't Telco, but there's not a PBX there either. It's just a device that turns the T1 into 24 individual analog lines, and I don't think it's "smart" enough to re-route a call like that. I'll have to see if the person in charge of that device can confirm this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: