cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CFW All not working for external Calls

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have a CUCM 8.6 and a SIP TRUNK for external calls, when i forward extension A to a external number and i try to call extension A i receive a busy tone.

The outgoing and incoming calls are working and the call forward all for internal number are working.

Follow my config:

telephony-service

call-forward pattern .T

Thanks

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***
24 Replies 24

This may or may not be helpful, but we had the same problem after it working fine for months. After opening a ticket with Cisco and several hours of research, I called our provider (XO Communications) and asked them if they'd recently updated anything. Apparenlty an obsucure checkbox had not been re-checked when something was rebooted and that was causing us the same call forwarding issue you are experiencing. They re-checked it and the next day CFWD worked again. I'd contact the service provider in the meantime - it may save you hours of work.

As mentioned before, configuring SIP profiles.

Hi Paolo

I ll do this way:

########################################

voice class sip-profiles 1

response ANY sip-header Diversion remove

request ANY sip-header Diversion remove

dial-peer voice 100

voice-class sip profiles 1

#########################################

After you mentioned the diversion header i take a look on my debug ccsip messages output and i see the diversion header, take a look:

Diversion: <511>;privacy=off;reason=unconditional;counter=1;

this is the Directory Number configured on my IP Phone,  i will apply this sip profile tomorrow and will test and debug again

The ITSP only accept the calls with the calling number above:

<1148900510>

Alex i´ll try this first if dont work i call the ITSP

Thanks!

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Hi

Can you check this setting on the SIP Trunk on CUCM

Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery - Outbound

Check this check box to include the Redirecting Number in the outgoing INVITE message from the Cisco Unified Communications Manager to indicate the original called party number and the redirecting reason of the call when the call is forwarded.

Uncheck the check box to exclude the first Redirecting Number and the redirecting reason from the outgoing INVITE message.

You use Redirecting Number for voice-messaging integration only. If your configured voice-messaging system supports Redirecting Number, you should check the check box.

The default value for Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Outbound specifies check box does not get checked.

It should be UNCHECKED

Worth a try.

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Alex is a CUCME i forgot the "E" but thanks!

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Paolo one doubt i see this info

"The SIP Diversion Header Implementation for  Redirecting Number feature provides support for a new SIP header field;  Call Control (CC)-Diversion. The CC-Diversion header field enables the  SIP gateway to pass call control redirecting information during the call  setup. Call control redirection is the redirection of a call based on a  subscriber service such as call forwarding. Call redirection  information is information is typically used for Unified Messaging and  voice mail services to identify the recipient of a message. Call control  rediversion information can also be used to support applications such  as automatic call distribution and enhanced telephony features such as  Do Not Disturb and Caller ID."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_programming_reference_guide_chapter09186a0080087351.html

I will have a CUE in this site, removing the Diversion Header will afect the calls forwarded to the voicemail?

Thanks

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Only apply SIP profile to ITSP DP.

Oh ok Paolo,

He will take the diversion header only of the calls that match this dial-peer.

Thanks!

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Hello Paolo i solved the problem using the sip-profile.

Thanks for the great tip.

Best Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Very good. And very bad that the ITSP fails the call due to an header that is informational only and perfectly acceptable.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: