Views
Helpful
Replies

CFW to external number and a internal call - CUCM

frekuzweg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i'am using callmanager 8.6.2 and i have a little problem.

I configured cfa for the internal-dns. Everything works as expected, except if a cfa to an external number is configured and someone with an internal number calls that line with the ext cfa. In this case you only see the internal number at the external destination

e.g.

internal-dn 1000 - cfa to external number

so if 1001 calls 1000 you see 1001 at the external destination, and not the fqtn

I configured a routepattern for cfw, so that you can see the real caller. But in this routepattern i can not configure a mask, prefix or transformation for the internal-dn, because this will also affect the numbers of the external callers.

I can i fix this?

Thx

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check "use external phone number mask" on the route pattern and assign external phone number mask to the DN, this mask is not used for internal calls, it affects what is displayed on outbound calls as well as changes the upper right hand display on the phone.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks for your answer, but this would effect the number that is displayed at the users phone.

So the user see instead of e.g. 1000 the fqtn in his display, this is very annoying for the enduser.

Regards

No, external phone number mask is not used internally between phones and can only be invoked via Route Pattern/translation pattern. The only change on the phone display would be the upper right corner where this is displayed, but that is where you want to display the full DID and the internal number should be displayed next to the line via "line text label" which when left blank presents the extension assigned to the DN.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Hi Chris,

i meant the upper right in the display, sorry for the confusion.

Regards