Views
Helpful
Replies

CFwdAll stops after 1 ring for users

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I encountered a strange issue I never faced before.

We are running Cisco UCM version 8.5.  We have a few sites.  The UCM clutser is located at our US office.  And one of our 5 remote sites is located in the UK with ip phones registered to UCM in the US.

When a UK user does a call-forward-all on there phone pointing to their cell phone the following happens:

The number can be entered and it is stored on the deskphone.  When dialling the number it forwards to the cell phone but after 1 ring it cuts off.  So the recipient cannot answer the call.

This is consistent every time and we tried different numbers.

We also do not have mobile connect enabled in our environment.

Any ideas for what is going on here?

Thank you!

-rya

4 Replies 4

Jesse Drohen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does this happen to US users?

I would suggest a debug on the egress gateway ("debug isdn q931" if ISDN) to at least verify what digits are being passed and then which side the release is coming from. From there you can focus on CUCM or PSTN.

Regards,

Jesse

Cluster located in US, sorry for leaving that out.

I'm inclined to think there is a timer of some sort, that may need to be lowered? The call does get forwarded to the pager successfully, but instead of hearing the 3 pager tones (which let calls know they've been connected with a pager) only a piece of the last beep is played. i can leave call back digits on pager as well.

If I hard forward my phone (Forward All) to same pager, I get all 3 pager tones. This only happens with a call forward no answer scenario. Hope that narrows it down a bit?

What type of gateway are you using? If H323 and using faststart I would try disabling it on the gateway page and use slow start.

All other sites (which are US) are fine.

I can try to run the debug command to see what is going on from the gateway.

And yes we are using H.323 for gateway communication.  Not sure if we are using faststart.  I'll determine that and enable slow start.

More details to come soon.

Thanks!

-rya