Views
Helpful
Replies

Change call-forward all settings from external source

c.holloway
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon everyone!

I just did an install for a client with a UC560 running the 8.6 software pack. We're trying to simplify after hours call routing for them and one of the possible approaches we thought of would require users to change the call forward all setting on a DN from an external source.  Is there a way to do this over the phone?  Or would someone have to remote in to the network and/or change this via GUI (even though you can't really controll extensions independently now in the new GUI)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have been working for a method of setting CF over the phone, but never finished it due to lack of sponsor adopters.

At this time the only method is nework access. You can still control any extension indipendently using Web GUI, that works normally with all versions of CME and UC500.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have been working for a method of setting CF over the phone, but never finished it due to lack of sponsor adopters.

At this time the only method is nework access. You can still control any extension indipendently using Web GUI, that works normally with all versions of CME and UC500.

Thanks Paolo thats all I needed to know.

My follow up question is how do you independently manage extensions in the CUE GUI?  All I see there (since about 8.02) are users and user settings.  I can still get to the CME GUI (http://X.X.X.X/ccme.html) which shows the old style and I can manage both phones and extensions (but obviously no CUE features).  If there is a way to manage extensions within the new CUE gui I would love to know how so I don't need to bounce between pages

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

You're not missing anything Sadly this changed with the release of CUE 8.x;

Removal of Support for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express GUI Functionality

#

Beginning  with Cisco Unity Express 8.0, the Cisco Unity Express GUI no longer  provides functionality for configuring Cisco Unified Communications  Manager Express. Cisco recommends using Cisco Configuration Professional (CCP) to configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel8_0/rel_notes/rel_notes.html#wp339722

Cheers!

Rob

"Why not help one another on the way" - Bob Marley

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: