cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change caller ID number (ANI) when 911 is dialed?

NewRobert
Level 1
Level 1

Can I alter the caller ID number when a specific group of phones dial 911?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If your located in USA and has a CM setup you need to deploy CER, Cisco Emergency Responder, to stay complain with the new regulations in Ray Baum's act and Karie's Law. You can read more on this link.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

About anything is possible with the needed configuration in place. If you need help start by outlining some specifics about your call setup. For one what type of call service do you have, CM, CME or even WxC?

Response Signature

Sorry, right, left out some details there.

We are using CUCM and we configure e911 services through NexVortex. The ELIN within CUCM looks like it might be a good solution but I can't see the ELIN configuration page without enabling ELIN which makes me nervous because of the warning "Do not enable this feature if using an external emergency calling solution". I wish I could configure emergency locations prior to enabling it.

If your located in USA and has a CM setup you need to deploy CER, Cisco Emergency Responder, to stay complain with the new regulations in Ray Baum's act and Karie's Law. You can read more on this link.

Response Signature

I see, thank you. We had this system installed less than 2 years ago. It's unfortunate the contractor did not include the CER.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: