Views
Helpful
Replies

Change CM4 license number

roy_fisher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to build a CM4 box and test it using our license, then when it's shipped to site change it to the customers license.

For MS boxes I usually sysprep them and it works a treat, but if I sysprep the CMs it restarts wanting an MS serial not the Cisco format one.

Is it easy to swap the serial ? Or should I rebuild when the new serial is known ?

Ta,

Roy

2 Replies 2

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Technically till CM 4.x, the license files are only paper license. You would not be installing this on the box. It is only with CM 5.0 and above license is installed on the box.

So where would I stand with 4.1(3)sr1 ?

Is the same MS serial used for every install, but a registry entry used to recored the Cisco license.

OR

Is an MS license generated using the Cisco one ?

I think either way Sysprep is out of the question, and I'd be better off just doing a fresh build on site instead.

(Oh forgot to add earlier, I intended running Sysprep after W2k Server install and OS patches, NOT after installing Callmanager itself.)

Ta,

Roy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: