cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

change ip address of subscriber

ramon.yu.jr
Level 1
Level 1

I have one publisher and two subscribers in our office.  I will be moving the publisher and subscriber2 to another location retaining its IP addresses.  Before that move, I plan to change the subscriber1 ip address to another subnet to ensure the IP phones in our office will continue to register to subscriber1 when I move out the publisher and subscriber2.  I have read a document stating the following on what to do:

1) ensure cluster is healthy

2) go to ccmadmin and change the server ip address of subscriber1

3) ssh to subscriber1 and change its ip address

4) reboot subscriber1

5) reboot publisher and subscriber2

Other changes will have to be done like DHCP 150 and ip address changes on dial-peers, vg224.  Any comment or experience you can share regarding this change is much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Ramon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ramon,

what I was trying to say is that you can cross-check the IP phones and VG224 functionality by regsitering to SUB1 before making any changes to SUB2? If already tested, ignore it.

After u change the IP address of SUB1 and do the simulation , try registering IP phone of each model [manuallly enter IP address  and TFTP of SUB1] .

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ramon,

You can follow the steps before u proceed with any changes

a. take backup of call manager including pub, sub1 and sub2

b. In call manager group, make SUB1 as higher priority for IP phones to regsiter to SUB2. Check Call manager service. tftp service is working on SUB1. and try to regsiter VG224/IP phones to SUB1

c. switch off pub and sub2

d. before u move PUB and SUB2 to new location, simulate the setup by connecting SUB2 to another switch by configuring new  network gateway.

e. Chaneg the IP address of SUB1  and refer the doc for change of IP address of SUB.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/7_0_1/ipchange/ipchg701.html#wp178477

f. check whether IP phones are registering to  new IP of SUB1.

regds,

aman

thanks for your immediate reply aman.  for b., i should be registering the vg224 and ip phones to SUB2 right as well as the TFTP?  because i will be changing the ip address of SUB1.  thanks for providing the link to document, i searched similar document 8.0(2) which is closer to our version 8.0(3).

Hi Ramon,

what I was trying to say is that you can cross-check the IP phones and VG224 functionality by regsitering to SUB1 before making any changes to SUB2? If already tested, ignore it.

After u change the IP address of SUB1 and do the simulation , try registering IP phone of each model [manuallly enter IP address  and TFTP of SUB1] .

regds,

aman

ok got it.  thanks Aman.

Hi Ramon,

Please rate the posts/answered if it answers your question.

regds,

aman