cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Max ephone and max dn CME 8.6

Halsser
Level 1
Level 1

Currently I have cisco CME 8.6 on 2921 router and with current configuration I have max ephone and dn is 20 and I want to change the number of ephones and dns to more capacity for example 50 how can I do this task without get my users interrupted? If I do this change are the old configuration like mobility users, ephones ,dns will be changed ?         

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

you can change the max-ephones under telephony service and that definitely needs a "create cnf-files" to take effect.

Guess the existing configuration wont get affected

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

you can change the max-ephones under telephony service and that definitely needs a "create cnf-files" to take effect.

Guess the existing configuration wont get affected

Thank you Rajan for your support , are you mean only I have to do the commands :

Router# configure terminal

Router(config)#telephony-service

Router(config-telephony)#max-ephones 50

Router(config-telephony)#max-dn 100

Router(config-telephony)# create cnf-files

Router#wr

after that no need for router restart and configuration will take effects even the mobility users will continue logged in  ?

Yes. No need to restart the router. I am not very sure whether Mobility users will be affected or not. Ideally that should not happen but i have not tried it before.

So many thanks Rajan...

Just adding to the useful stuff from Rajan, you can check the max ephones that your platform supports by using max-ephones ? , remember that if you set the max-ephones to the maximum capacity available on the system then in order to decrease the same you need to reboot the router. This is mentioned in the CLI guide below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_cr/cme_m1ht.html#wp3760202775

Usage Guidelines

The max-ephones command limits the number of Cisco IP phones supported on the router. The maximum number you can set is platform- and version-dependent. Use CLI help to determine the maximum number of ephones you can set, as shown in this example:

Router(config-telephony)# max-ephones ?
  <1-48>  Maximum phones to support

The max-dn command similarly limits the number of extensions (ephone-dns) in a Cisco CME system.

Note

You can increase the number of phones; but after the maximum allowable number is configured, you cannot reduce the limit of the Cisco IP phones without rebooting the router.

The create cnf-files command will generate the XML configuration files used for provisioning SCCP phones and write the files to the location specified with the cnf-file location command. It will not affect the existing config that you have on the router.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_cr/cme_c1ht.html#wp3013726915

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: