cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Music on hold song in CUCM BE 8.6

AmbryTodd
Level 1
Level 1

How can I achieve this? I can see the Media Resources area and the Music on hold server audio source. I uploaded the new song successfully in the correct format. However I cant seem to see if I should change the source or apply the new song to the exisiting source.

Also does changing the MOH affect the phone system as far as down time. I want to do it during a change control window but to estimate downtime if any I will need to add to notes.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Line level IS always there, you must have missed it. It doesn't matter if it's standalone, 5K or 6K. You aLWAYS get the MOH control from line level in first place.

I meant service parameter sorry.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just make sure to upload it to all your MOH servers and then change it at whatever level you have MOH configured (Line/device/common device config)

HTH

java

HTH

java

Where do I find out which its using? We only have 1 MOH server and all I have done is upload the song I see it being there. Then I check the Music on hold audio source. I know we have a custom one now on audio source 2. Am i better off just changing the song itself in #2 to the new song from the drop down or creating a new music source.

Then I dont know where else to check its applied. All our phones use extension mobility and all use the same hold music.

Then you need to check that in your config, in precedence they're

line level

device/UDP level

Common device config level

enterprise parameter level

You must have it in one of those 4 levels, find out in which, and change it accordingly.

HTH

java

HTH

java

I checked those and I dont see it set anywhere. If I goto Directory number configuration for my extension and change it manually there to the new one and test it its still defaulting to the old one. I cannot seem to locate where to make the change globally. We are on the business edition.

line level - dont think the BE has this.

Common device config level (from what I can tell its none so its going to the defaulted one)

enterprise parameter level - Nothing here about audio sources

device/UDP level - set to none (assuming using defaults).

Line level IS always there, you must have missed it. It doesn't matter if it's standalone, 5K or 6K. You aLWAYS get the MOH control from line level in first place.

I meant service parameter sorry.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Under which menu Item do I find the Line Level in CUCM? I can only find a line group under the call routing menu. No line level anywhere.

service parameter I checked all the drop downs in that section and none had choices for MOH.

Its odd I cant seem to find the default setting anywhere I have dug through each menu item in the CUCM administration menu's multiple times. I would have assumed everything I needed would have been in the media resources but nothing there selects the default for all phones.

Edit: If I go to the Directory Number Configuration for an extension I can manually set it for the phone there and then reboot the phone and it will work. However thats not how its currently setup for every phone. Its currently set to music on hold audio source #2 which is a custom one we had setup a few years ago.

Hi Todd,

I just wanted to add this link to the great help from Java (+5 "J")

The following audio source ID selection rules apply for selecting audio source IDs and media resource group lists:

The system administrator, not the end user, defines (configures) audio source IDs.

The system administrator chooses (configures) audio source IDs for device(s) or device pool(s).

Holding parties define which audio source ID applies to held parties.

Cisco  Unified Communications Manager implements four levels of prioritized  audio source ID selection with level four as highest priority and level  one as lowest priority.

The  system selects audio source IDs at level four, which is  directory/line-based, if defined. (Devices with no line definition, such  as gateways, do not have this level.)

If  no audio source ID is defined in level four, the system searches any  selected audio source IDs in level three, which is device based.

If  no level four nor level three audio source IDs are selected, the system  selects audio source IDs that are defined in level two, which is Common  Device Configuration-based.

If  all higher levels have no audio source IDs selected, the system  searches level one for audio source IDs, which are clusterwide  parameters.

The following media resource group list selection rules apply:

Held  parties determine the media resource group list that a Cisco Unified  Communications Manager uses to allocate a music on hold resource.

Two levels of prioritized media resource group list selection exist:

Level  two media resource group list provides the higher priority level, which  is device based. Cisco Unified Communications Manager uses the media  resource group list at the device level if such a media resource group  list is defined.

Level  one media resource group list provides the lower priority level, which  is an optional DevicePool parameter. Cisco Unified Communications  Manager uses the DevicePool level media resource group list only if no  media resource group list is defined in the device level for that  device.

If  no media resource group lists are defined, Cisco Unified Communications  Manager uses the system default resources. System default resources  comprise resources that are not assigned to any existing media resource  group. Be aware that system default resources are always unicast.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fsmoh.html#wp1207754

In CUCMadmin if you go to Device> Device Settings> Common Device Configuration> Find

you should be able to check @ that level. This is where we have our MOH file references set.

Cheers!

Rob

"go easy...step lightly...stay free " 

- The Clash

AmbryTodd
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the help guys. I somehow missed the service parameter. That is where it was set for anyone else who runs into this and has it set to none everywhere else.

System -> Service Parameter

Selected the correct server then the service I selected was Cisco CallManager (active)

scroll down to the section below and change the value to the audio source number you want to default to.

Clusterwide Parameters (Service)

Default Network Hold MOH Audio Source ID Required Field:

Default User Hold MOH Audio Source ID Required Field:

I changed those to the audio source I added which them instantly changed it throughout the system, Thanks for the help Java and Rob.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: