cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Outbound Number

Justin Westover
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup a call center and I would like for the agents to use the  DID associcated with incoming calls for the outbound calls. So if an  agent makes a call outbound on his/her agent extension, and if the  receiving party misses the call, that person should be able to dial the  number back (on their caller ID from missed calls) and reach the main  call center prompt. I can't remember if this is done with a Translation  or router pattern or what?

6 Replies 6

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

You can use translation patterns to achieve this. When the calls comes inbound on the gateway/trunk, change the inbound CSS to contain the partition of the translation pattern. Translate the agent's extension to CTI route point's number. The translation pattern's CSS should have the partition containing the CTI route point.

Hope that helps

regards

Nitesh

PS:Please rate helpful posts

Could you perhaps walk me through that in a bit more detail. I am still learning here haha.

"to use the  DID associcated with incoming calls for the outbound calls" what i infer from this statement is you have customers calling into the call center using some 1-800 number (viz) and when agents in call center call customer it shows the DID of the agents instead of 1-800 number. Correct me if i misunderstood.

Justin Westover
Level 1
Level 1

Customers are calling a 1800 number from the outside. What I am looking to do is when the agents call outbound, number the agents calls should be masked to is the same number users call inbound to. Let me know i that doesn't make since.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

sumimanc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi justin,

From What i understand from the problem description is when agents calls someone outside to the pstn external numbers the number being displayed on the recieving party side should be the main line number and not the agents individual extension .Please correct me if my undertstanding is wrong.

So the calls must be going through the gateway right to the pstn or external numbers ???

you can create voice translation rules and voice translation profiles on the gateway

for. eg

voice translation-rule 10
rule 1 /^....$/ /1800000000/
voice translation-profile expandcalling
translate calling 10

and apply that in the dial-peers

dial-peer voice 10 pots
translation-profile outgoing expandcalling
destination-patter < >
port < >

Basically what it does is whenever it will see the calling number of 4 digits (I am assuming agents extension to be 4 digits) and will convert the number to 1800000000 say your main line number.

Below are the links to learn more about the voice translation rules and profiles.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml

Don't forget to rate if you find this info useful

HTH

Regards,

sumit

Hi Justin,

Both Nitesh and Sumit already provided you the solution. Among the two using CUCM translation pattern is the easiest one.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashfaque.