cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change softkey layout for missed calls

Greyson Morrow
Level 1
Level 1

When we hit directories -> Missed Calls the button layout is Dial, EditDial, Exit, more. We have to hit more in order to get to details. How can we move the details button so it's on the first softkey screen?

We are running CUCM 7.0(2)

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Greyson,

This change is not available in CUCM (any version that I know of). I've tried the same thing

myself before and just re-visited this when you posted up this question. You will see that the problem

here is that the call state of "Directories" is not available/selectable as an option to modify;

Configure Softkey Layout

The administrator can configure softkey sets for each call state for a  nonstandard softkey template. When the administrator chooses Configure  Softkey Layout from the Related Links drop-down list box on the Softkey  Template Configuration window and clicks Go, the Softkey Layout Configuration window displays.

The Softkey Layout Configuration window allows you to specify the  softkeys and their relative order for any phone models that support  downloadable softkey templates. This window lists all softkeys, even  though some phone models do not support all softkeys. To determine  whether your phone model supports a softkey, see the Cisco Unified IP Phone Phone Guide for your phone model. If you choose a softkey that is not supported by  the phone, the softkey does not display on the phone, even if you add it  to the Selected Softkeys pane.

Note Cisco  recommends that a softkey remain in the same position for each call  state. This provides the user with consistency and ease of use; for  example, the More softkey always appears in the fourth softkey position  from the left for each call state.

The Softkey Layout Configuration pane contains the following fields:

Select a call state to configure—This drop-down list box displays the  different call states of a Cisco Unified IP Phone. You cannot add,  update, or delete call states. The call state that gets chosen from the  drop-down list box indicates the softkeys that are available for that  call state. Table 42-7 lists the call states.

Table 42-7     Call States 

Call State
Description

Connected

Displays when call is connected

Connected Conference

Consultation call for conference in connected call state

Connected Transfer

Consultation call for transfer in connected call state

Digits After First

Off-hook call state after user enters the first digit

Off Hook

Dial tone presented to phone

Off Hook With Feature

Off-hook call state for transfer or conference consultation call

On Hold

Call on hold

On Hook

No call exists for that phone.

Remote In Use

Another device that shares the same line uses call.

Ring In

Call received and ringing

Ring Out

Call initiated and the destination ringing

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Greyson,

This change is not available in CUCM (any version that I know of). I've tried the same thing

myself before and just re-visited this when you posted up this question. You will see that the problem

here is that the call state of "Directories" is not available/selectable as an option to modify;

Configure Softkey Layout

The administrator can configure softkey sets for each call state for a  nonstandard softkey template. When the administrator chooses Configure  Softkey Layout from the Related Links drop-down list box on the Softkey  Template Configuration window and clicks Go, the Softkey Layout Configuration window displays.

The Softkey Layout Configuration window allows you to specify the  softkeys and their relative order for any phone models that support  downloadable softkey templates. This window lists all softkeys, even  though some phone models do not support all softkeys. To determine  whether your phone model supports a softkey, see the Cisco Unified IP Phone Phone Guide for your phone model. If you choose a softkey that is not supported by  the phone, the softkey does not display on the phone, even if you add it  to the Selected Softkeys pane.

Note Cisco  recommends that a softkey remain in the same position for each call  state. This provides the user with consistency and ease of use; for  example, the More softkey always appears in the fourth softkey position  from the left for each call state.

The Softkey Layout Configuration pane contains the following fields:

Select a call state to configure—This drop-down list box displays the  different call states of a Cisco Unified IP Phone. You cannot add,  update, or delete call states. The call state that gets chosen from the  drop-down list box indicates the softkeys that are available for that  call state. Table 42-7 lists the call states.

Table 42-7     Call States 

Call State
Description

Connected

Displays when call is connected

Connected Conference

Consultation call for conference in connected call state

Connected Transfer

Consultation call for transfer in connected call state

Digits After First

Off-hook call state after user enters the first digit

Off Hook

Dial tone presented to phone

Off Hook With Feature

Off-hook call state for transfer or conference consultation call

On Hold

Call on hold

On Hook

No call exists for that phone.

Remote In Use

Another device that shares the same line uses call.

Ring In

Call received and ringing

Ring Out

Call initiated and the destination ringing

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for confirming. I was looking around for a day or so trying to figure this out. Glad I didn't miss something obvious.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Greyson,

No you aren't losing it my friend You are most welcome!

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: