cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change the displayed Caller ID?

ron.davis1
Level 1
Level 1

All:  I need to first say that I have, at best, a cursory knowledge of the phone system and how it functions.  I've been working on this issue for a while and every time I think I have a good lead, I hit a dead end.

At some point in the past we had an external group that came on-site and, apparently, updated our phone system to display the caller ID of a specific phone (not the main number) so when people miss calls from our organization, they see the wrong phone number listed.  And when they call back, they get connected to an unmonitored phone that has an incorrect voice message on it.

So, my problems are two fold:

- Need to properly display the main call-back number for our organization

and

- Need to change/disable the voice recording on that particular line

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ron,

The caller id that goes out is controlled by the "External Phone Number Mask" setting on the Directory Number config pn the phone in CUCM. It can further be manipulated at the Route pattern or gateway level using the Calling party transformations. So, you need to check for a particular directory number the External phone number mask setting and what actually is being sent out to external phones and change it accordingly. You can search support community or cisco.com for links / posts on how caller id can be altered.

When this is taken care of then the callback would automatically be on the correct number and if you have the right user mailbox created in Unity connection for these users then the external callers will hear the right announcement.

HTH

Manish