Views
Helpful
Replies

Change username in CUCME

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Everyone,

in CUCME 8.6 is there a way to change the username on an account witout loosing the messages, greeting etc?  As username  was created and is in use but was misspelled.

All replies rated.  Thanks in advance

7 Replies 7

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I dont see a problem with this as long as you dont delete the mailbox for the user.

Please rate all useful posts

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

Thanks for the response.  I was actually looking on information on how to make the change.

Login to the CUE gui via its ip and change it from there

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

Geting closer.  I have done that and only see a way to change the NickName, not the actual account name

Did you login to cue not ccme gui? When you go to user profile you should see first name, last name, nickname, user id etc. You can correct the wrong name from there

You can also do this via the cli..

username name fullname first first-name last last-name

The name will be the userid for the user you want to change the name for.

Yes.  Logged into CME.  See the options to changes everything but the username

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: