cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing answer/hold preferences in 10.5

snared04drummer
Level 1
Level 1

I recently completed an upgrade from 10.5, and need help changing the behavior of how phones answer calls on different lines.

Here's what's happening:

Phone gets a call on DN 1, and answers it.

The same phone gets a second call on the same DN (in a different partition, assigned multiple times to this phone, which is a receptionist desk that handles all incoming calls for the site's main number), and the user presses the second line button to answer it.

The first call is placed on hold.

Here's what I WANT to happen:

Phone gets a call on DN 1, and answers it.

The same phone gets a second call on the same DN.

When the second call is answered, the first call is terminated.

As I understand it, what IS happening is the default behavior.  But I can't figure out how to make it function the way I'm describing, and I know that it was possible in the past.  I've played with the Max calls/Busy calls numbers, but that doesn't seem applicable to what I'm trying, and it messes with call transferring for some reason.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

I'm testing this on ccm 9.1 and the first call is placed on hold as well.

What ccm version were you using when the first call was terminated?

We were previously using 8.6.

Regardless of default behavior, is there a way to change this to what I'm describing?

There is no way to do what you're asking, the expected behavior is what you're seeing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: