cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing DNS on Call Manager 10.0.1

ccrossman28
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for a repetitive topic but I can't seem to find a solid answer on this anywhere.  

We are building new DC's for our network which means new DNS.   In a test, we took down our old DC's and got a "Cannot connect outside corporate network" by anyone outside the network trying to use Jabber.  I assume this is related to DNS.  

However, I have been reading in some place that updating my DNS records will wipe out my licenses? 

Can anyone confirm this? 

We are on Call Manager 10.0.1

2 Replies 2

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

If the only thing you're changing is the DNS IP address, so nothing will happen and it should not affect any licensing matters. I heard the in UCCX it may affect licensing, but I barely touch UCCX so can't say for sure.

If you are changing the domain name also, which I understand you don't because you're only building a new DC server, so it will regenerate all your certificates and you'll have to sign them again in your root CA.

About the jabber login. It surely won't let you login because of the DNS, because if you're using MRA deployment with Expressway servers, so the Expressway-C is trying to resolve: _cisco-uds._tcp.domain.com in your internal DNS and now it can't, so it won't be able to discover the relevant services.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you mention is only applicable up to 8.x releases where there was a license MAC

9.x-11.x use a licence manager and the MAC address from the VM is what is used to associate the licenses to the ELM/PLM instance.

On 12.x smart licenses remove all dependency on the VM running the products.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate