cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

changing host name to ip address

reidg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i've built a cluster and choose to use hostnames rather than ip addresses for the servers. However this had led to a lot of problems when trying to get phones to register. I'm considering changing away from host names to ip addresses, and have read through the cisco doc for changing ip address and host names on 6.x servers. One question just to be clear however:

there isn't a section in this which relates directly to changing from hostnames to ip addresses, should I be ok to just follow the instructions for changing hostnames, missing out the relevant dns parts?

ta

Grant

3 Replies 3

shabali52
Level 1
Level 1

I have done that in the past without any problems. As long as you follow the document correctly, you should be fine.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

guess you mean only the change on the CUCM server and CUCM group, if so it's only necessary to change those entries, restart the TFTP service to recreate the files and reset all phones so they get the change

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thanks for the help guys, worked fine

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: