Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing partition of directory numbers uisng BAT

Simon Roberts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to change the the partition of a number of directory numbers using BAT in Call Manger 8.5, how do I do this?

thanks in advacnce

Simon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hmm... let's put this one down to project stress :-)

I've tested this one on a non-dev PC so it should be fine.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Simon

It depends on the usage of the DNs. BAT isn't great for selecting lines on an ad-hoc basis, as you can't use an input file to specify them.

If it's a phone that has the line, you can go to Bulk Admin/Phones/Update Lines/Query and select all lines in a particular partition, or use the other 'find' properties on that page to pick out particular phones, but it's not very granular.

If it's a UDP you have similar limited filtering capabilities.

Other options would be direct DB edits or an AXL utility that would make the changes based on an input file.

How many of what type of devices do you need to change?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron, I need to do 21 in the first instance and then as we more new users onto our new system will need to change DN's in batches of 200 - 500.

cheers

Hi

OK - one option would be for these devices to be inserted into a 'new' partition when you are staging them. Then you can just move everything from this partition to the new one using BAT (rather than needing to cherry pick individual ones).

Give me 30 and I'll post up a little tool you can use to bump lines accross based on an input file.

Aaron

OK.. here goes.

You'll need an input file, CSV with  this format:

DN,oldpartition,newpartition

e.g.

1234,pt-old,pt-new

Copy the attached .exe and your CSV into the same folder, then run the command like so (all one line, any line breaks are just due to this website):

ExtensionsMovePartition.exe -input=input.csv -hostname=192.168.0.86 -username=ccmadministrator 
-password=c4llmgr

As always, start with a one or two line input CSV to verify it works as you wish before doing a big one!

Regards

Aaron

Aaron, Apologies for the delay in responding to your last post. Have download app, tried to run but got following error:

Exception in Thread "main" java.lang.NoclassDeffounderror: extensions remapdn/extensionMovePartiton

Caused by: Java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: extensionsremapdn.ExtensionMovePartition

at java.net.URLClassloader$q.run(unkonow Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doProvileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findclass(unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(unknown Source)

Could not find the main class: extensionsremapdn.ExtensionMovePartiton. Program will exit.

Can you advise what to do next, thanks.

Hi Simon

Apologies, missed a file out of the zip.

Try this one...

Hi Aaron,

Still get the same error?

Hmm... let's put this one down to project stress :-)

I've tested this one on a non-dev PC so it should be fine.

Aaron:

I have a situtation where I need to move a batch of directory numbers assigned to analog devices on a VG224 from one partition to another, then copy those directory numbers to another partition.  Basically, we have the analog numbers in an active partition that we need to assign TOD routing (without affecting the other non-analog DNs).  Therefore, I will need to move those analog DNs to a new partition, and then duplicate the numbers into a Closed partition.

1.  Will the application you provided above work with CUCM 7.1? (just want to verify)

2.  Do you have something that can COPY DNs to a new partition?

Thanks in advanced!

John

Thank you for this!  This was a feature I've been hoping to see in BAT.  You saved me a lot of manual work.  

Thanks again,

Sean

Hi Aaron,

First of all.. Thanks for building the tool. I tried working on it for v11.5, but this did not seem to work on v11.5 CUCM. Have you updated this or plan on updating this anytime soon?

Thanks,

Ashish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: