Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing phone details

Melissakalbitz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just started with our company.  we currently have a Cisco 7962 phone and all the names of the extensions are incorrect. We also have a lot of voice messages on all the lines but no one seems to know the pin of their phones to retrieve their voice mails.

I have tried using previous support but I can't figure out how to get into CUCM or where even that is.  

Please help!!

6 Replies 6

Hi

Navigate>Cisco Unified CM Administratior>Devices>Phones>select Phone> Click on line

Directory Number: You can change as per your requirement

Line page: Change Name , Display Name other parameters.

Login to CUC and go to users >select user > edit setting > Change pin

Thanks for your help. my issue is actually getting into CUCM, is that via computer or via the phone itself?  

Hi Melissa,

If you want to change the config, you have to access the CUCM via web browser.

Do you know the IP address of the CUCM? If not, you can find the IP on the phone settings. It is usually listed there.

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have access to CUCM and Unity Connection Server to change what is described above, or you need to contact your local IT Team?

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

I don't think i have access to CUCM, we are only a small company of 10 staff and don't have a dedicated IT division.  I have spoken to an IT company that looks after our computers but even they have no idea what to do.  I am essentially the IT team aha.

Basically, you will need to find the credentials for Adminstration Page of the CUCM and the OS of the CUCM. There is a really nice post from @Mohammed al Baqari about the passwords, but as highlighted already, you will need to know the old ones in case you need to reset to new ones. 

I trully suggest to contact a local Cisco Partner to assist you accorndingly to do so, you may find one from the link below (Cisco Partner Locator): https://locatr.cloudapps.cisco.com/WWChannels/LOCATR/openBasicSearch.do

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: