cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing the hostname of servers in a 6.1.2 cluster

nigelibbertson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I need to change the host names of the publisher and subscriber servers in a 6.1.2 cluster which is something I have never done before  am in right in thinking this is all i need to do ?

Subscriber

Change DNS record to reference new subscriber hostname

From command line issue set network hostname XXXXXX

reload

Publisher

Change DNS record to reference new publisher hostname

From command line issue set network hostname XXXXXX

reload

On publisher run utils dbreplication reset all

Also will I have to do anything with the licence files ?

Regards

Nigel

5 Replies 5

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here you go:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/6_1_2/ipchange/ipchg612.html#wp185050

Licenses for physical MCS servers are bound to MAC address of the Publisher.  If you are not changing hardware, then you should be fine.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Cheers for the quick reply Hailey, The reason I ask about licencing is when i issue the command set network hostname XXXX the system responds with

Warning: Changing this setting will invalidate software licence on this server. The licence will have to be re-hosted

which made me think twice? The last thing I want to do is break the system as its miles away.

Regards

Nigel

From the CLI of the server, can you run "show hardware" and post the output.

Thanks.

Just wondering before I go any further could I be getting this message as its running on a VM ware test server I set up rather than the actual cluster?

Cheers

That's exactly why you are getting that message.  The licensing for a virtual node is based on the concept of a License MAC, which is a hash of a number of configurations on the server including Host Name.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: