cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing the IP Address of a CUCM 8.5.1

steven.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new server that has been built using 8.5.1 and my customer needs it put on a different subnet.

Unfortunately every time I change the IP address and restart it the Cisco Unified CM Administrator page won't let me log in and comes up with a database error on screen. I have tried this process with the 8.5.1 and the new SU3 that I downloaded last night.

Is there anything I can do that will allow me to change the IP Address or do I have to rebuild it from scratch?

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you following the document on how to do such task??

Changing the IP Address and Host Name for Cisco  Unified Communications Manager Release 8.5(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/8_5_1/ipchange/ipchg851.html

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steven,

I'm just curious, did you follow the steps in this doc exactly?

Changing the IP Address and Host Name for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 8.5(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/8_5_1/ipchange/ipchg851.html#wp42666

Cheers!

Rob

Hahahahaha! Sorry Java ....I'm too slow as usual +5

Maybe I haven't had enough Coffee yet today!

Cheers!

Huff

I have tried changing the address from both the GUI and the CLI, but on restart I cannot login the CM Administration. This is a single server with no subscriber.

The server name was the IP address, when I changed that back to the servername and all the enterprise settings to the name rather than the IP address, the server now boots and lets me in.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: